The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Cowboy Bebop Remix?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #102356  by Eric
 Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:18 pm
Anyone have the 411 on this?

#102362  by Flip
 Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:13 am
I suppose those are the DVD's i've been renting. I have not seen the original, so i'm not sure how it differs. Maybe just 'digitally remastered' or some shit.

The eps seem to run in the same time frame (22-24 min), so i dont think there is extra footage added.

#103228  by Flip
 Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:23 am
Ok, i have a better opinion now.

I rented the remix ones for the first half of the series from Netflix and it was the first time i'd seen the series. I loved it, so i bought the Perfect Sessions Collection from Amazon for only 30 bucks. It includes the movie and all the eps. They were selling the remix ones on Amazon, too, but it was your typical insane anime prices. Like 35 bucks for eps 1-4, meaning i'd have to spend over 100 to get all the remix ones.

I've watched the first few eps from my original collection and cannot notice any differences at all. Like i said earlier, i think the remix is simply digitally recolored and maybe a better audio, dolby. I was worried that maybe the originals didnt have the kickass opening, but no, it is all the same from what i can tell. I read that the remix also has more extras...

If you really care about that stuff, then get the remix, but i dont. I am happy to gave all the originals for a great price.

#103235  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:14 pm
I remember buying the dvd's from Kupek I think? Or was it someone else? I don't remember.

#103242  by Kupek
 Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:25 pm
Not me. A friend gave me mpegs of the series, and I watched a bunch and enjoyed them, but I never <i>really</i> got into it.

Although for the record, a friend of mine has Ein. She looks exactly like Ein, and they named her appropriately.

#103249  by Ishamael
 Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:12 pm
Kupek wrote:Not me. A friend gave me mpegs of the series, and I watched a bunch and enjoyed them, but I never <i>really</i> got into it.

Although for the record, a friend of mine has Ein. She looks exactly like Ein, and they named her appropriately.
What? Ein is a *girl*?! Aw fuck, thanks for ruining it man! ;)

#103304  by Torgo
 Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:12 pm
I think I'm the one that sold to you, Barret. Wow, that was a pretty long time ago.

#103317  by Chris
 Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:10 am
Ishamael wrote:
Kupek wrote:Not me. A friend gave me mpegs of the series, and I watched a bunch and enjoyed them, but I never <i>really</i> got into it.

ein is the dog dumbass :p

#103318  by Ishamael
 Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:40 am
Chris Hansbrough wrote:
Ishamael wrote:

ein is the dog dumbass :p
Ah. Ha! You passed the test Grasshopper! Lox, give him his kiss!

#103319  by Chris
 Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:22 am
I always wanted a kiss from Lox. But you''ve had him chaned up in your closet for so long I havn't gotten the chance. It's about time I've gotten to do somethig other than sneak into your house and slip comics under the closet door

#103331  by Flip
 Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:51 pm
We're a gay game board.

#103340  by Nev
 Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:21 pm
Did someone mention buttsex?