The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Eric, random avatar question

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #104425  by SineSwiper
 Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:10 am
Holy shit! Is that Sasuke?

#104443  by Eric
 Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:56 pm
No that's his brother. I wouldn't post a spoiler like that. :)

#104444  by Blotus
 Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:08 pm
While we're kind of on the topic, your sig pic disturbs me, Eric. It looks like that girl is being threatened into stripping. Were you too busy looking at the tits to notice that terrified look on her face?

#104447  by Eric
 Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:52 pm
Black Lotus wrote:While we're kind of on the topic, your sig pic disturbs me, Eric. It looks like that girl is being threatened into stripping. Were you too busy looking at the tits to notice that terrified look on her face?
I don't see that at all.

*Brings gun to next stripper club*

#104449  by SineSwiper
 Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:27 pm
Well, I don't understand Eric's obsession with Sakura fanpron.

#104466  by Eric
 Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:14 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Well, I don't understand Eric's obsession with Sakura fanpron.
Most people are tough on poor Sakura. I put her in my sigs as a form of endearment. =o

#104467  by Zeus
 Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:33 am
Eric wrote:
SineSwiper wrote:Well, I don't understand Eric's obsession with Sakura fanpron.
Most people are tough on poor Sakura. I put her in my sigs as a form of endearment. =o
Is it because she's completely useless as a ninja?

#104493  by Don
 Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:08 pm
Naruto is not known as a series with any significant following behind the female characters. I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing, though.

#104494  by Zeus
 Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:18 pm
Don Wang wrote:Naruto is not known as a series with any significant following behind the female characters. I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing, though.
Other than Tsunade and maybe Temari, they don't really have any strong female characters. There's TONS of characters and lots are female, but none are strong per se. And many of them other than Tsunade are just secondary to the storylines (manga-based) so I can see why they're not so popular with the crowd. They just don't get much screen time.

Kinda like movies here in the US :-)

#104499  by Don
 Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:46 pm
Do you mean strong as in physically strong or a strong presence? A popular female character rarely has anything to do with the said character's strength. Rukia in Bleach is a perfect example.

I don't think any of the female characters in Naruto can be said to have a strong presence.

#104501  by Zeus
 Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:30 pm
Don Wang wrote:Do you mean strong as in physically strong or a strong presence? A popular female character rarely has anything to do with the said character's strength. Rukia in Bleach is a perfect example.

I don't think any of the female characters in Naruto can be said to have a strong presence.
Strong as in a strong character or strong presence, not physically strong. Tsunade definitely has a strong presence, she's as strong a ninja in that as anyone save for maybe Itachi and Orichimaru and she's the head of the Konoha village. But really, she's the only one. Temari does kick ass, but she's not around that much so it's not really relevant with her.