The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• 24....WOW...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #104527  by Ishamael
 Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:01 am
OK, anyone see that coming? :)

#104528  by Lox
 Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:04 am
*SPOILERS*

I assume you're talking about the fact that Jack's brother is the guy from Season 5 who was guiding President Logan in his treason???

No, definitely did not see that coming. :)

#104536  by Zeus
 Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:28 pm
No, but I love it. I love the fact they brought him back since it just wasn't resolved in any way.

That's why the show's great. They keep track of crap like that on top of the constant intensity. They do repeat a lot (Jack's "Trust me" won't die and Bill and Karen getting married was the same as Tony and Michelle), but they do keep it very fresh

#104557  by Blotus
 Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:37 pm
****SPOIL DIS!

I didn't dig this twist. I think the idea that Jack and his brother are on almost polar opposites of terrorism in the US is ridiculous. I really enjoyed this season up to now. The only thing that could make the show turn around for me is if Michelle and Tony were resurrected and somebody mentioned George Mason once in a while. "Shut up, Milo. Mason told us all you tried to pay him so you could blow him in the parking garage." Next on CTU 90210!

Unless they've got something up their sleeves... which is totally possible.

#104561  by Ishamael
 Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:08 pm
Black Lotus wrote:****SPOIL DIS!

I didn't dig this twist. I think the idea that Jack and his brother are on almost polar opposites of terrorism in the US is ridiculous. I really enjoyed this season up to now. The only thing that could make the show turn around for me is if Michelle and Tony were resurrected and somebody mentioned George Mason once in a while. "Shut up, Milo. Mason told us all you tried to pay him so you could blow him in the parking garage." Next on CTU 90210!

Unless they've got something up their sleeves... which is totally possible.
Spoilers
What makes you think it's so ridiculous? They haven't even explained the backstory yet. And judging by what we saw last year, the brother (ex- doc on ER) is in fact a patriot who takes his "patriotism" too far.

#104562  by Ishamael
 Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:09 pm
Zeus wrote:No, but I love it. I love the fact they brought him back since it just wasn't resolved in any way.

That's why the show's great. They keep track of crap like that on top of the constant intensity. They do repeat a lot (Jack's "Trust me" won't die and Bill and Karen getting married was the same as Tony and Michelle), but they do keep it very fresh
I missed the Bill/Karen thing. I can't believe you actually noticed something I didn't. I hate myself now. Thanks.

#104565  by Lox
 Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:42 am
Ishamael wrote:
Zeus wrote:No, but I love it. I love the fact they brought him back since it just wasn't resolved in any way.

I missed the Bill/Karen thing. I can't believe you actually noticed something I didn't. I hate myself now. Thanks.
I thought that was pretty obvious. Geez, Ish!!! :)

#104567  by Zeus
 Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:54 am
Ishamael wrote:

Ish, I'm the King of Gods you're a punchline (kinda like Munson in Kingpin :-), it's a foregone conclusion I'd know more :thumbup:

#104602  by Ishamael
 Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:37 pm
Lox wrote:
Ishamael wrote:

I thought that was pretty obvious. Geez, Ish!!! :)
Oh boy. And now I'm going to burn myself alive. When the likes of you two start getting one over me, it's clearly time to end it. Bah!