The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Will someone please intervene (Transformers molestation)?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#105599  by Nev
 Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:35 pm
Bernie Mac is the shit.

You mean you're not going to love Bernie Mac's comedic turn as a humorous used car salesman, Zeus? ;)

I hear, at one point, he says, "I'm not scared of you motherfuckers!" and it's so funny that even the Transformers put down their guns and laugh! Then they start the musical number.

(Disclaimer: I actually don't know shit about his role, I just want to make Zeus as depressed as possible.)

#105600  by Zeus
 Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:04 pm
I love the Mac, he's hilarious. But not like this in this movie.

This is beyond Ishing now....

#105601  by Nev
 Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:16 pm
Well, if it makes you feel any better, used car salesmen/auto mechanics/etc. were always part of Transformers plots.

Remember Buster Witwicky? REMEMBER BUSTER WITWICKY? And his father Spike, who ran a garage? And I swear there was at least one plot in the old Marvel Transformers comic involving a used car lot.

They should have taken more of their inspiration from the comic. Circuit Breaker was the shit.

#105603  by Eric
 Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:15 pm
Everytime you call Resident Evil movies decent, Transformers gets another gut punch toward goofiness, this is called "balance" and I refuse sympothy. :)

#105614  by Zeus
 Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:32 pm
Eric, the RE films were FAAAR closer to the source material than this drudge. This isn't even going to resemble Transformers other than transforming robots when it's all said and done.

#105616  by Eric
 Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:27 pm
Zeus wrote:Eric, the RE films were FAAAR closer to the source material than this drudge.
No.

#105618  by Zeus
 Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:51 pm
Eric wrote:
Zeus wrote:Eric, the RE films were FAAAR closer to the source material than this drudge.
No.
Yes..

#105621  by Eric
 Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:14 pm
Zeus wrote:
Eric wrote:
No.
Yes..
No, it's not.

RE1 was like watching return of the living dead meets aliens, with a little bit of the matrix thrown in(I can jump off walls and kick dogs! LAWL)

RE2 was like watching Night of the Living Dead meets the Matrix.

They throw in things from Resident Evil, but none of the shit is relavent, or even makes sense.

Nemesis got a fucking conscience, Alice fought Nemesis IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT AND WON. Jill Valentine walked into a police station and shot 3 zombies in the head. There was another Ashford in Racoon City regardles of the fact the fucking family was wiped out prior to RE: Code Veronica with only Alfred as the sole survivor.

Fuck the Resident Evil movie series, if you want to sit up here and say Transformers isn't close to the source material don't come up and say this bullshit movie with some made up retarded character Alice and it's matrix inspired non-stop action is close to RE's source material.

#105630  by Chris
 Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:00 am
Zeus wrote:Eric, the RE films were FAAAR closer to the source material than this drudge. This isn't even going to resemble Transformers other than transforming robots when it's all said and done.
yeah......because really the transformers were about sooooooooo much more than robots that transform into cars.......dude........do you have any idea which side of your ass you're pulling this crap from? I'm sorry but transformers source material is this.....giant robots transfom into cars and fight......guess what happens in the movie.......giant robots that transform into cars fight......I would say that's pretty damned close to the source material......but wait, they transform into different cars than they did originally....who the fuck cares the core of the source material is still the.....the character relationships still appear to be there.....

Really all I fucking care about is that cars turn into giant robots nd fuck shit up......I think I'm getting that so I'm happy

#105631  by Lox
 Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:46 am
Chris Hansbrough wrote:Really all I fucking care about is that cars turn into giant robots nd fuck shit up......I think I'm getting that so I'm happy
It's like the words were pulled from my brain...minus the cussing. :)

#105632  by Kupek
 Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:22 am
At this point, I almost want the movie to be terrible, just so I can come here and watch Zeus lose it.

Which, I suppose, is basically Eric's position.

#105633  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:52 am
If it is good, I'll enjoy it. It won't bother me if it is exactly like the transformers I watched as a kid or not.

#105634  by Nev
 Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:12 pm
z0MG I'll be there opening weekend!

...wait, no, that's the TMNT movie.

#105635  by Chris
 Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:13 pm
Nev wrote:z0MG I'll be there opening weekend!

Go see fuggin 300.......it's awesomely badass.......and good too

#105636  by Nev
 Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:15 pm
I will. It looks good.

#105642  by Chris
 Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:35 pm
it is.....broke my brain with awesome......

#105643  by Zeus
 Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:40 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:
Nev wrote:z0MG I'll be there opening weekend!

Go see fuggin 300.......it's awesomely badass.......and good too
My wife and I are watching that one on Sunday afternoon.

Kupek, I already expect it to be the worst source material to film translation ever made. I expect House of the Dead to be an Oscar-worthy film compared to it. It's impossible for me to be disappointed in this film regardless of how hard Michael Bay and Speilberg try. No chance you'll see me "lose it" 'cause I would first have to have hope that there a possibility of it not being the worst thing imaginable x 10. Sorry to disappoint you

#105644  by bovine
 Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:00 pm
well, at least with that attitude you might escape with some small amount of pleasure if/when it exceeds your expectations.... So good on you I say.

#105650  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:23 am
bovine wrote:well, at least with that attitude you might escape with some small amount of pleasure if/when it exceeds your expectations.... So good on you I say.
Depends on the type of person, some people when they go into a movie wanting to hate it, they end up completely ignoring anything good about it. Three recent examples I can think of are Last Samurai, MI3, and Collateral; I felt all of them were very enjoyable movies, but a very large amount of people hate them based on the fact that they hate Tom Cruise.

Personally, I think it is absolutely ridiculous to equate hatred of an actor as a person into the quality of the movie that they act in; it makes no logical sense, yet so many people do it. Another example I can think of relating to Shriners, is Eric's hatred for RE2 =) While I do not think RE2 is enjoyable on the level of some movies like American Beauty or Lord of the Rings, I do feel it is still an enjoyable movie, the best video game to movie adaptation I have yet seen.

#105659  by Zeus
 Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:37 pm
By the time it comes out, I'll probably just not care and expect so little that it won't be a real shock to me. I'll have come to grips with the fact it's going to be worse than spending 2 hours locked up in Ish's basement, but under no circumstance will I derive pleasure out of it. I'll just have accepted it. Right now, I still have a shred of hope that Bay is somehow removed from the project and someone who knows how to make more than one good movie in his career (Rock was it for Bay IMO) takes over, but by then, that fantasy will be gone.

Collateral was a great movie. And I actually didn't mind MI:3 even though I think Cruise is a psycho. But he did make Collateral and lots of other movies I like.

I do agree that bringing in your feelings about an actor personally into the equation is simple, but I do follow certain actors and directors knowing they've done good work in the past. I've gone blindly into films like that in the past and have rarely been disappointed. But how an idiot acts personally don't matter, it's their work that i care about.

#105816  by SineSwiper
 Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:49 pm
I just want it to suck so that producers stop giving Michael Bay money.