The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• modest arcade mouse fire

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #105487  by bovine
 Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:31 pm
the new arcade fire (neon bible) and modest mouse (we were dead before the ship even sank) albums are pretty awesome. If you're into that sort of music, you MIGHT be able to find these albums floating around the internet. If you're not into them or have never even heard of them, I suggest you give them a try anyway as the arcade fire album is much different (better) than their first, and the modest mouse album pretty much follows the modest mouse mantra.... allez obtiennent écoutent eux!

#105824  by SineSwiper
 Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:44 pm
I prefer Mouse on Mars :)

#105838  by Nev
 Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:58 pm
Last time I listened to Mouse on Mars...

I felt like I was on Mars, without air, being taunted by annoying mice who'd transmuted themselves into pure sound in order to somehow musically convey the exact same feeling of annoyance that one gets when a physical mouse is scurrying at one's feet. This would be a sensation to crush said mouse, coupled with actual physical nausea - not because I thought the music was bad, just an actual physical reaction similar to fever dizziness.

You're a brave man, Sine.

But hey! I forgot, I did eventally get into some of the other music you'd linked me. Who did Battersea and Autoharp? 'Cause eventually I ended up liking those songs.

bovine: Is the Modest Mouse album at least partially upbeat? I loved "Float On", but listening to the rest of their music for too long inevitably makes me feel suicidal by proxy... :D

#105845  by bovine
 Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:56 pm
it's certainly more upbeat than their previous (but still awesome) albums. While "This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About", "Lonesome Crowded West", and "The Moon and Antarctica" had relatively slow paces to them and "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" was all over the place for pacing.... "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank" has some more upbeat song on it like Dashboard, Florida, the second half of Parting of the Sensory, We've Got Everything, and Education. The rest of the album is unevenly paced much like their previous album. However it is very enjoyable if you like any of their previous work. I am currently listening to TV on the Radio's "Return to Cookie Mountain".... I don't really know how to explain it and it has only been compared to bands that I haven't listened to before.... but I really like it.