The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Rome Season 2 complete (video clip included)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #106346  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:24 pm
The last episode of season 2 just aired a couple weeks ago. So the whole season can now be downloaded on torrent or bought on DVD whenever they finally release it.

For those unfamiliar with the series, it was a high budget HBO/BBC production which follows the lives of Octavian, Julius Caesar (played by the same guy who played the Russian President in Sum of All Fears), Mark Antony, Titus Pullo (played by the guy who was Bors's brother in King Arthur), Lucius Vorenus, Atia of the Julii, Marcus Brutus, Sevillia (Brutus's mother), and Octavia (Octavian's sister). Vorenus and Pullo are two fictional characters who give the title a view from the common people, their names were mentioned among the writings of Julius Caesar (historically), but aside from their names and that they were in Caesar's army, all else about them is fictional.

There are lots of very important secondary characters which play very large roles. It's a very well done series. Season two steps up the drama from the first season. Here is a clip from the second season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usAX9eOdtIg Here is a scene of season 2.

Oh yeah, one very unique feature of this series are that the good and the bad guys are really a matter of the viewers opinion =P

#106350  by Shellie
 Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:45 pm
Unfortunately, it was not only the last episode of the season, but also of the series. :'(

#106409  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:18 pm
Yeah, it had a lot to do with the budget, it just cost too much. Out of interest: Who was your favourite character of the series?

#106442  by Shellie
 Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:56 pm
Pullo, definitely, but Atia is a close second. I hated her at the beginning...but near the end..she was my girl! lol

#106443  by Shellie
 Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:59 pm
Good thing about working for the cable company..we get swag from the various channels. I have a Rome snow globe..which is the Parthenon? with red glitter that looks like flower petals for "snow". I also have a rome keychain. Its pretty nifty :)

#106451  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:05 pm
Pullo was awesome, he was such a cold hearted killer though; and went about it so casually =P

Atia was also very cruel though, unlike todays moral structure, that was actually seen as a virtue among the pre-Christian Romans. Weakness and mercy were seen as weakness. Once Christianity set in (mostly due to Constantine) we saw a huge switch.