The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Iron Man....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #108679  by Chris
 Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:18 pm
ok.....this might be the best superero movie ever.....first trailer......video cam footage from comic-con....that room was nuts.....and since it's all marvel in house direction now....I think this'll be good.....the next hulk is looking good to.

http://www.dailymotion.com/ingy489/vide ... shortfilms

#108681  by Lox
 Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:15 pm
That looked nice.

I definitely buy RDJ as Tony Stark. And the suit looks awesome. :)

#108683  by Flip
 Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:34 pm
Group think from a bunch of comic fans... it doesnt surprise me that the impact and excitement SEEMED big.

As for me, the casual fan. I'm tired of comic adaptations so this trailer was a big yawn. VERY big yawn. Hollywood needs to turns its sights elsewhere, this current trend is about as overplayed as it can get.

#108684  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:35 pm
Please have a Proton Cannon. Please have a Proton Cannon :)

Yeah, I think RDJ was a good choice. Stark isn't some 20-year-old hotshot, and comedy fits nicely. Oh, and I dig using "Iron Man" as a theme song.

#108686  by M'k'n'zy
 Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:59 pm
Looked good to me, I've been looking forward to it.

#108689  by Zeus
 Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:31 am
Curiousity question: did no one like the Ang Lee Hulk movie?

#108692  by Lox
 Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:48 am
Own it but still need to watch it, so I can't say. Most people I know did not like it though one of my friends loved it.

#108694  by Chris
 Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:28 am
Zeus wrote:Curiousity question: did no one like the Ang Lee Hulk movie?
It was a bit like stabbing yourself in the face with a rusty screwdriver. I'm glad Marvel bought the rights to most of their characters back. It means the next Hulk movie should be awesome (I'm sorry but Ed Norton being Bruce......the villains being the leader and the abomination. there is no way it can't be awesome. The fact that they are producing it means you are going to get something true. I loved the attitude of tony stark in that clip reel. Just a complete douchebag.....gotta love it. Then he gets the suit and is still a douchebag....just a different kind of one. I love it....looks great..

#108698  by Zeus
 Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:34 pm
What other comic movies has Marvel done recently that they had the kind of control they're going to with Hulk: The Return? Ghost Rider? Just trying to get a basis for comparison to determine whether or not them controlling stuff in house is a good thing. Sure there have been some brutal Marvel films but there have also been some kick-ass ones

#108699  by Kupek
 Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:25 pm
I enjoyed The Hulk. It wasn't high quality, and the ending got ridiculous, but it kept me entertained.

#108703  by Chris
 Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:54 pm
Kupek wrote:I enjoyed The Hulk. It wasn't high quality, and the ending got ridiculous, but it kept me entertained.
Hulk had the problem that it had a really good movie in it....It had 3 acts....

Act : 1 - The Beginning - Complete Shit
Act 2 - The Middle - Fucking awesome
Act 3 - The End - Complete ultra mega super nasty shit

#108710  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:05 pm
It really blew my mind that they had Ang Lee do that movie. I mean, he said himself that he doesn't do comic book movies. This is the same guy that did "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Brokeback Mountain". What were they thinking?

#108739  by Tessian
 Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:58 pm
I have always been a closet fan of Ironman. Used to watch the cartoon... never too into him but if I got to pick from a group of superheros I'd always choose him. The whole story is just awesome. This looked pretty damn nice.