The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Samurai 7, neat little anime

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #108530  by Flip
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:29 am
I like how they took an old story and updated it with sci-fi fun. This is Japan, so it had to have robots i suppose, but it works well enough. I still have 2 CD's (8 eps or so) left to watch, but expect a good finish!

... what will i do without an anime in my queue?... The latest ones i've seen are FMA, Baki the Grappler, Beserk, Nonja Scroll, Champloo, and now Samurai 7... i need another serious one that isnt 200 eps, i prefer a 20-30 episode series, any suggestions?
Last edited by Flip on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

#108532  by Flip
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:21 am
I browsed through Netflix and decided upon Basilisk. Anyone seen that one?

#108533  by Zeus
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:26 pm
Download Death Note....now. Go to www.isohunt.com and do a search for Death Note. There's a complete torrent that has all 37 episodes (from Animanda, Kuro Hana, and Ruberia; there was lots of C&Ds going around, so you're gonna get three different subbing companies, but they're all fine) so it's not too long. This is one that's very much worth the download, it freakin' rules.

#108543  by SineSwiper
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:49 pm
I've seen it here and there on Starz. Didn't seem all that good at first glance, and the original is so much better, anyway.

#108546  by bovine
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:27 pm
that series takes a while to build and I thought the end was a pretty great payoff.

#108685  by Flip
 Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:47 pm
Zeus wrote:Download Death Note....now. Go to www.isohunt.com and do a search for Death Note. There's a complete torrent that has all 37 episodes (from Animanda, Kuro Hana, and Ruberia; there was lots of C&Ds going around, so you're gonna get three different subbing companies, but they're all fine) so it's not too long. This is one that's very much worth the download, it freakin' rules.
Ok, so i'm bored and all my netflix are in transit... i decide to try this thing and get into the torrent scene. I DL uTorrent and start the DL of the Death Note package you mentioned.... ETA is 2 weeks. What kind of shit is this?

#108687  by Flip
 Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:20 pm
Ok, it picked up speed, only have to wait 10 hours or so... I guess it'll be on my 'to do/watch' for tomorrow. In the meantime, i'll browse the Netflix watch it now list, gotta love that feature, especially when your laptop is hooked up to your TV. :)

#108688  by Zeus
 Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:29 am
Flip wrote:
Zeus wrote:Download Death Note....now. Go to www.isohunt.com and do a search for Death Note. There's a complete torrent that has all 37 episodes (from Animanda, Kuro Hana, and Ruberia; there was lots of C&Ds going around, so you're gonna get three different subbing companies, but they're all fine) so it's not too long. This is one that's very much worth the download, it freakin' rules.
Ok, so i'm bored and all my netflix are in transit... i decide to try this thing and get into the torrent scene. I DL uTorrent and start the DL of the Death Note package you mentioned.... ETA is 2 weeks. What kind of shit is this?
A stupid question but I need to ask it: you do look at how many seeders/leechers there are in a torrent before you grab it, right? Tons of leechers and little seeders means you're down the list big time and it'll take a while for you to go up the queue.

#108853  by Flip
 Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:16 am
Ok, so i feel bad for stealing this show, but hot damn if it isnt the coolest ever. I'm only 10 eps in, but i cant stop watching. I've been up too late the last few nights and exhausted at work, lol.

#108854  by Zeus
 Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:07 pm
Flip wrote:
Ok, so i feel bad for stealing this show, but hot damn if it isnt the coolest ever. I'm only 10 eps in, but i cant stop watching. I've been up too late the last few nights and exhausted at work, lol.
It's like freakin' crack, isn't it? The best thing they ever did with that anime was keep it streamlined and ending it at 37 eps. It's crazy intense up to 25 (end of the L arc) then the last 12 eps are a condensed version of the manga (Eric and Don can give you more details if you want) which keeps them at a pretty kick-ass pace as well. Like I mentioned before, even the live-action film is pretty good (2 parts, about 3 1/2 hours covering the L arc) although not quite as good as the anime.

Now, if the Naruto people would just pick up on this streamlining and start Shippuuden going at a faster pace than one chapter per ep then that should would be crack-cocaine like it used to be pre-filler. It's great what's going on but man, they draggin' the hell out of it.