The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Rammstein

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #109115  by RentCavalier
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:36 pm
So, it should be known that I'm a HUGE Rammstein fan. Listening to them is likely going to be unhealthy to my writing career, because every song makes me wanna write a book that has some combination of either rape/murder/bruatlity/germans.

Though, musically, I like them because they're really just there to rock the fuck out. I appreciate that, to be honest--they don't wanna look pretty or have songs everybody can sing. They want songs that hit you in the gut, and they want to set you on fire while sodomizing each other on stage.

I respect that.

#109137  by Lox
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:58 pm
I've always liked Rammstein though certain people here do not. *cough*sine*cough* :)

They are one of the only bands where I have all of their CDs, including the live one.

So, yeah, I agree with you. I don't even have to understand 1/2 the lyrics. I just love the energy behind most of the songs.

#109139  by SineSwiper
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:13 pm
Yeah, I don't like them. For reasons why, search for "Rammstein" and "Sine".

#109142  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:52 pm
I like several of their songs, but they're certainly well outside my typical music flavour. I normally can't stand aggressive sounding music, it reminds me of power-nerds who hate everything and play Doom all day liastening to heavy metal, all because they think they're aggressive =P

I do like gangster rap though =)
 #109239  by Nev
 Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:44 am
RentCavalier wrote:So, it should be known that I'm a HUGE Rammstein fan. Listening to them is likely going to be unhealthy to my writing career, because every song makes me wanna write a book that has some combination of either rape/murder/bruatlity/germans.

Though, musically, I like them because they're really just there to rock the fuck out. I appreciate that, to be honest--they don't wanna look pretty or have songs everybody can sing. They want songs that hit you in the gut, and they want to set you on fire while sodomizing each other on stage.

I respect that.
I've been out of metal fandom for some time, and given that my favorite bands that show up under "metal" genres are Guns and Roses and possibly Skid Row, not sure I should really comment here.

However, I do have to say that if I *were* metal, I would have given American metal bands the finger a long time ago, because the metal coming out of Europe reduces American metal bands to small, metallic vapor trails. Rammstein is very impressive, and so are Children of Bodom. I assume you have heard of them, but if not, you must grab some CoB. Alexi Laiho is this technical guitar prodigy somehow fronting a Finnish jam-metal band. If Yngwie Malmsteen could also somehow rock REALLY, REALLY HARD, that would give you some idea of how skilled Laiho is as a guitarist.

They should be in Guitar Hero, I doubt they are, and if they were, just translating the solos onto the five-button controller would reduce half the Shrine's fingers to ash. Actually, I think just the *chord changes* would probably reduce us to arthritic wrecks.

I actually think that if some American "metal" band like Tool were to go to a CoB concert, Alexi Laiho would do a solo and they would ALL FUCKING EXPLODE.

Anyway, check them out if you haven't already, which you probably have.