The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Chuck

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #110721  by Tessian
 Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:15 am
New Show on NBC starting on Monday (9pm)... I already watched the pilot for free on Unbox and recommend it, especially to this crowd.

How can you resist when the guy works for the "Nerd Herd" in a store called "Pay More"?

#110732  by SineSwiper
 Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:36 pm
Is this that show with the plot ripped off from Johny Mnemonic?

#110771  by Tessian
 Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:44 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Is this that show with the plot ripped off from Johny Mnemonic?
I've never seen Johnny Mnemonic so I can't say... but maybe?

HIDDEN SPOILERS BELOW!!

The show revolves around the supervisor of a parodied Geek Squad who is just your normal geek who probably didn't want to be doing this out of college. An ex friend from college sends him an email one night that turns out to be all of the NSA + CIA's knowledge embedded subliminally in images. His friend was a CIA agent that went rogue and stole this data before blowing up the only computer that had it (sending the email with his dying breath to a random person on his address book).

So in the end he turns out to be a kid who now possesses all the knowledge of our internal and foreign intelligence agencies and now he has to help them "save the world" by drawing from both databases. I'm doing a poor job of summarizing it in an appealing manner, but it is funny and interesting.

#110785  by Chris
 Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:25 pm
I'm sorry but that sounds gayer than I am.......so you know it's at least a little more than half gay

#110787  by Tessian
 Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:27 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:I'm sorry but that sounds gayer than I am.......so you know it's at least a little more than half gay
You'll need to subtract about 20-30% gay though due to my poor ability to summarize it effectively and interestingly.

#110806  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:21 pm
When I first saw this post I thought this was a review of Good Luck Chuck. I just want to fuck Jessica Alba.

#110811  by Chris
 Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:09 am
Barret wrote:When I first saw this post I thought this was a review of Good Luck Chuck. I just want to fuck Jessica Alba.
I want to fuck the both of em....doesn't change the fact that the movie was like stabbing yourself in the face with a rusty screwdriver....she is certainly not the master of a pratfall

#110825  by SineSwiper
 Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:58 am
They don't get naked in the movie, so it's just a cocktease. Why bother with that? I think she's hottest in Fantastic Four. I dunno, something about the spandex and a good makeup artist.

#110842  by Chris
 Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:29 pm
SineSwiper wrote:They don't get naked in the movie, so it's just a cocktease. Why bother with that? I think she's hottest in Fantastic Four. I dunno, something about the spandex and a good makeup artist.
good makeup artist?

#110846  by SineSwiper
 Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:42 pm
Yeah, the lady that puts on the makeup for her. You know, there's a lot of women that don't know shit about makeup, so it's good to have a good makeup artist.

#110862  by Zeus
 Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:36 pm
SineSwiper wrote:They don't get naked in the movie, so it's just a cocktease. Why bother with that? I think she's hottest in Fantastic Four. I dunno, something about the spandex and a good makeup artist.
Something about spandex and a kickass body. I'm sure you wouldn't drooling if you had spandex, a good make-up artist, and Kathy Bates (*forces Sine to think about About Schmidt*)

#110883  by SineSwiper
 Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:52 pm
Well, obviously. I was comparing Alba in her different movies, not why Alba is hotter than other people.

#111011  by Chris
 Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:30 am
OK.....I watched it......it was awesome.