The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Resident Evil: Extinction

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #110886  by RentCavalier
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:25 am
Shit.

Absolute shit. The novelty wears thin, and the plot BLOWS. Nice homages to the actual games kept me amused for awhile, but--contrary to a few people/reviewers I know, after the notorious bird scene I was done.

Seriously, I will spoil this shit now, because there is NO reason why this movie is getting the credit it deserves.

The answer to the zombie problem? Alaska. Move to fucking ALASKA. MY GOD. The plot is stolen from Day of the Dead, the solution from Land of the Dead, the action from...um...shitty action movies...and the ending is ripped off from Alien: Ressurection (Of all places.)

The first fighting sequence--one with zombie dogs--is actually the best in the movie, which is sad, because the CG is really crappy.

The sad thing is they got my favorite little Middle Eastern actor (I forget his name, but he played Arwan in 24 and teh Mummy in...um...the Mummy.) playing Carlos, and he's the only decent bit in it, despite the fact that he has an inherently bad role.

Millia Jovavich should stop being in movies. She cannot act--why do people say she can? Why do people say good things about her? She is a TERRIBLE actress. She is NOT even that hot. Fifth Element was NOT an acting opus, alright? People cannot defend her on that movie EVER.

This is a rant, but I don't care. This movie had me 180ing on how good it was WAY too early. The only pluses I can give it were that it was very well shot--visually outstanding--and that the basic premise was a nice take on the Resident Evil formula.

Shit movie.

#110889  by kali o.
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:20 am
I am quite adept a skillfully scanning posts while avoiding spoilers...I haven't seen it yet, but I'll say this:

- Milla not hot? Fine...I'll let you have that. Taste is individual. She's no skilled thespian either, certainly. But if I read right and you just dissed the 5th Element, you need to be thankful that they haven't invented a way for people to physically beat the shit out of people through monitors yet...

"Mmmm....Chi...cken good!"

#110890  by RentCavalier
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:22 am
Er, no, lemme rephrase--people defend her because of the Fifth Element.

Teh Fifth Element is a great movie--but NOT because of Millia Jovavich.

#110893  by Eric
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:52 am
You just became my new best friend on these boards.

#110914  by Chris
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:41 am
RentCavalier wrote:Er, no, lemme rephrase--people defend her because of the Fifth Element.

yeah. It's because of Chris Tucker.......wait no it sure as fuck ain't that......

#110923  by Oracle
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:55 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:
RentCavalier wrote:Er, no, lemme rephrase--people defend her because of the Fifth Element.

yeah. It's because of Chris Tucker.......wait no it sure as fuck ain't that......

HAHAHA. Oh god, that made my day.

#110927  by Blotus
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:38 pm
What did you expect, Rent?

#110932  by Zeus
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:55 pm
Eric wrote:You just became my new best friend on these boards.
You loved it and you know it :-)

#110947  by SineSwiper
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:52 pm
I don't really have any disrespect for Milla. I just think she has been picking bad roles lately. Too many people mistake bad screenwriting for bad acting. They are two entirely different things. One might save the other, but if one is really bad, there's no chance of that.

#110952  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:21 pm
What the fuck Eric! TEN years!

*Attacks Eric with Akuma's Instant Hell Murder combo*

#110973  by Zeus
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:58 pm
SineSwiper wrote:I don't really have any disrespect for Milla. I just think she has been picking bad roles lately. Too many people mistake bad screenwriting for bad acting. They are two entirely different things. One might save the other, but if one is really bad, there's no chance of that.
Girl's found a way to be hot and do not extremely boring, lame-ass comedic or dramatic roles. Good for her even if she fails as often as she succeeds

#110977  by Eric
 Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:05 pm
Dutch wrote:
What the fuck Eric! TEN years!

*Attacks Eric with Akuma's Instant Hell Murder combo*
Your name has changed, I don't know you anymore :(

#111106  by kali o.
 Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:07 pm
spoilers...

Alright, I watched it. It was a pretty shitty movie (exactly how does the world fall apart so quickly where all the characters appear to have aged a year or two?)...

Every single scene in that movie seemed forced and silly...and I realize we are taking about a Zombie film here). An Alaskan plan from the diary of some gas station attendent? Did I miss some part of the plot that made that any more sensible?

Totally not where I expected that movie to go, after how the last left off. I wasn't even granted a good naked scene of Milla to redeem the whole shitty film (in fact, the only real entertainment I got from the movie is occasionally drifting off and imaging that if I worked for Umbrella, I'd have them re-program one of Milla's clones to be my domesticated sex-slave and move away and live happily-ever-after).

#111107  by Eric
 Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:41 pm
kali o. wrote:(in fact, the only real entertainment I got from the movie is occasionally drifting off and imaging that if I worked for Umbrella, I'd have them re-program one of Milla's clones to be my domesticated sex-slave and move away and live happily-ever-after).
You are a sick sick man.

And I'm right there with you. >:)

#111143  by Torgo
 Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:14 pm
It was meh. I'd probably rate it lower, but I thought Resident Evil Apocalypse was such shit that Extinction had nowhere to go but up. I might be wrong, but then again I have no desire to see any of the movies a second time to compare.

#111148  by Chris
 Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:36 am
Sorry but this was fucking awesome.....>Seriously best movie of the year hands down....3:10, Superbad.....they ain't got nothing on this.....pure awesome from start to finish. I have never in my life been inundated with that much awesome.....I am blown away. Cinematic masterpiece that was......fuck me that was good

#111171  by RentCavalier
 Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:09 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:Sorry but this was fucking awesome.....>Seriously best movie of the year hands down....3:10, Superbad.....they ain't got nothing on this.....pure awesome from start to finish. I have never in my life been inundated with that much awesome.....I am blown away. Cinematic masterpiece that was......fuck me that was good
For the sake of my continued faith in humanity, I pray to every god, be it eldritch or modern, that you are JOKING, because if you are not, than I can only pray that you are afflicted with some sort of terrible malady that can so BADLY skew your judgement to allow you to even CONSIDER this movie, garbage as it is, to be anywhere near the par of 3:10 to Yuma, OR Superbad, for that matter--both movies that, in their respective genres, stand tall and supreme over all of this year's entries thus far--in Superbad's case, however, it is hotly contested by similarly-designed movie Knocked up.

I PRAY that you are joking. PRAY.

I mean, my GOD, Extinction literally STOLE entire scenes, almost word-for -word, from Day of the Dead AND Land of the Dead.

#111179  by Chris
 Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:39 pm
RentCavalier wrote:
Chris Hansbrough wrote:Sorry but this was fucking awesome.....>Seriously best movie of the year hands down....3:10, Superbad.....they ain't got nothing on this.....pure awesome from start to finish. I have never in my life been inundated with that much awesome.....I am blown away. Cinematic masterpiece that was......fuck me that was good
For the sake of my continued faith in humanity, I pray to every god, be it eldritch or modern, that you are JOKING, because if you are not, than I can only pray that you are afflicted with some sort of terrible malady that can so BADLY skew your judgement to allow you to even CONSIDER this movie, garbage as it is, to be anywhere near the par of 3:10 to Yuma, OR Superbad, for that matter--both movies that, in their respective genres, stand tall and supreme over all of this year's entries thus far--in Superbad's case, however, it is hotly contested by similarly-designed movie Knocked up.

I mean, my GOD, Extinction literally STOLE entire scenes, almost word-for -word, from Day of the Dead AND Land of the Dead.
nope. I enjoyed it that much.....I thought superbad was unfunny tarded comedy and 3:10 to yuma was a shit remake.....

and yes....I am completely full of shit

#111187  by SineSwiper
 Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:18 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:nope. I enjoyed it that much.....I thought superbad was unfunny tarded comedy and 3:10 to yuma was a shit remake.....

#111189  by Eric
 Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:23 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:
RentCavalier wrote:

nope. I enjoyed it that much.....I thought superbad was unfunny tarded comedy and 3:10 to yuma was a shit remake.....

Is...you Bizaro's mommy? :(

#111195  by Chris
 Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:15 pm
Eric wrote:
Chris Hansbrough wrote:
RentCavalier wrote: For the sake of my continued faith in humanity, I pray to every god, be it eldritch or modern, that you are JOKING, because if you are not, than I can only pray that you are afflicted with some sort of terrible malady that can so BADLY skew your judgement to allow you to even CONSIDER this movie, garbage as it is, to be anywhere near the par of 3:10 to Yuma, OR Superbad, for that matter--both movies that, in their respective genres, stand tall and supreme over all of this year's entries thus far--in Superbad's case, however, it is hotly contested by similarly-designed movie Knocked up.

Is...you Bizaro's mommy? :(
Me am Bizzaro Green Lantern. Me spread Bravery Throughout Galaxy with spinelessness

Image[/img]

#111207  by SineSwiper
 Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:15 am
The full pic is even better:

#111213  by Chris
 Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:29 pm
I know,......got I love Eric Powell

#111391  by Joe
 Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:10 am
I finally saw this.

Mad Max meets Resident Evil.

For what it was, it was entertaining. Of course, you have to keep your expectations low before going in.