The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Dethalbum

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #111233  by Tessian
 Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:49 pm
Anyone else pick up Dethklok's first album? It was coincidentally released same day as Halo 3, and boy does it rock.

I've been a big fan of the series (which just started season 2) and I found for $11 on Amazon it was a great way to support the show and get some awesome music.

Metalocalypse always surprised me... how the hell did the guy who gave us Home Movies come up with THIS? It says something about the current music world when a cartoonist can write and perform better music than professional artists.

My only complaint of the music is half the time I can't make out what the lyrics are, and they're pretty funny most of the time (example: Fan Song). Just overall an awesome album and the first CD I've bought in a loong time.

Dethklok should go on tour-- I would totally go to that.

#111235  by SineSwiper
 Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:27 pm
This would probably be the only death metal band I actually enjoy.

The creator of Home Movies?? WTF? That cartoon was total fail.

#111236  by bovine
 Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:33 pm
SineSwiper wrote:That cartoon was total fail.
That's a negatory good buddy. That show was great.

#111240  by SineSwiper
 Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:59 pm
Why? Why was it good? The only things on Adult Swim that suck more is Tom Goes to the Mayor and Super Deluxe.

#111245  by Tessian
 Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:14 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Why? Why was it good? The only things on Adult Swim that suck more is Tom Goes to the Mayor and Super Deluxe.
The last season or so was watchable... but first season blew.

As for your other statement... I hate Tom with a PASSION... but Super Deluxe is not Adult Swim. 12 Oz Mouse-- now THERE is a steaming pile of horse shit. I would rather watch half a season of Tom than sit through 1 episode of 12.

As for Metalocalypse itself-- nothing AT ALL like Home Movies. The animation is about 500000% better, there's actual story lines (towards the end of the first season) and it's hillarious. Plus, as this CD shows-- awesome music.

#111253  by SineSwiper
 Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:08 am
Then why do they show those stupid Super Deluxe commercials?

#111257  by Tessian
 Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:33 am
SineSwiper wrote:Then why do they show those stupid Super Deluxe commercials?
I don't know if anyone explained to you how television works-- but every show sells blocks of "ad space" that companies then buy and put commercials on.

Those Super Deluxe commercials are no different than every other commercial you see on TV...

#111258  by bovine
 Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:32 am
SineSwiper wrote:Why? Why was it good? The only things on Adult Swim that suck more is Tom Goes to the Mayor and Super Deluxe.
prepare for youtube onslaught...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpzjLtzuk1I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMJqApRNXfw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W-DtIAz ... ed&search=

Brendon Small (the actor who plays the character of the same name on the show, and I think is the guy who is in the band that this thread is all about) does all the music for the show, I've got the soundtrack (and the dvds) and it's actually pretty good. However, I'd imagine that if you didn't like the show the soundtrack would be stupid....

#111281  by Tessian
 Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:54 am
Adultswim.com --> Videos --> Metalocalypse. Check 'em out.

#111326  by SineSwiper
 Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:34 am
Tessian wrote:Adultswim.com --> Videos --> Metalocalypse. Check 'em out.
I was never saying that Metalocalypse was a bad show. Far from it. But, Home Movies was crap.

#111329  by Tessian
 Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:58 am
From your previous posts in this thread I was under the assumption you hadn't seen Metalocalypse and were going to write it off because you didn't like Home Movies.

HM had its moments-- but first season or so did blow chunks. Metal kicks ass, and you agree: good :)

#111337  by Shellie
 Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:08 am
Nope, we love Metalocalypse....he was just saying they would be the first death metal "band" he actually liked.

#111930  by Lox
 Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:18 am
I got some free iTunes downloads so I got a couple of songs from The Dethalbum (Thunderhorse and The Lost Vikings). They were awesome. I'm going to use the rest of my free iTunes downloads to get the rest of the songs night.

I wasn't sure which songs to choose so I chose Thunderhorse cuz it's a GH2 bonus track and I chose The Lost Vikings because I always loved the game with the same name for the SNES. :)

#111944  by Tessian
 Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:31 pm
Lox wrote:I got some free iTunes downloads so I got a couple of songs from The Dethalbum (Thunderhorse and The Lost Vikings). They were awesome. I'm going to use the rest of my free iTunes downloads to get the rest of the songs night.

I wasn't sure which songs to choose so I chose Thunderhorse cuz it's a GH2 bonus track and I chose The Lost Vikings because I always loved the game with the same name for the SNES. :)
Most of the songs are great-- Into the Water and Awaken are two of my favorites by far.