The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Futurama trailer!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#112135  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:55 pm
I have two words to say on this subject...

Fuck....YES

#112137  by Tessian
 Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:53 pm
Sweeeeettt

#112140  by Blotus
 Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:39 pm
*Vomits with glee*

#112153  by SineSwiper
 Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:11 am
Heh, Fox Box. Yes, they are total morons. I wonder if those exec who were responsible for cancelling Futurama, Family Guy, and Firefly really were fired. After all, why in god's name would you cancel those great shows?
 #112163  by Zeus
 Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:11 am
Eric wrote:Quick-like, before those bastards at Fox make them take it down :)

http://www.futurama-madhouse.com.ar/vid ... iler.shtml
Can't wait....

Right now, Fox isn't really involved with the new stuff, it's all Comedy Central. Fox ignored the show while it was on, why would they care about a new trailer?

#112164  by Zeus
 Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:16 am
SineSwiper wrote:Heh, Fox Box. Yes, they are total morons. I wonder if those exec who were responsible for cancelling Futurama, Family Guy, and Firefly really were fired. After all, why in god's name would you cancel those great shows?
There's a separation and rift between Fox's show development and network scheduling guys. That's why they've made so many great shows (their development guys rule) but so many of them are cancelled (scheduling guys are morons). A lot of it has to do with the fact that it takes time to build an audience for a new-style show and the network guys live off of weekly ratings and sweeps weeks.

The perfect recent example was 24 which was almost cancelled about 6 eps in 'cause it was so expensive to make but didn't have good ratings. For some reason, the big execs there decided to stick with it now it's a very highly rated show and has spawned tons of copycats.

#112174  by SineSwiper
 Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:55 am
Zeus wrote:The perfect recent example was 24 which was almost cancelled about 6 eps in 'cause it was so expensive to make but didn't have good ratings. For some reason, the big execs there decided to stick with it now it's a very highly rated show and has spawned tons of copycats.
Just think. They could have canceled the highest grossing series the network has ever had. I think that thought alone should have caused some changes in the scheduling department.

#112182  by Zeus
 Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:35 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
Zeus wrote:The perfect recent example was 24 which was almost cancelled about 6 eps in 'cause it was so expensive to make but didn't have good ratings. For some reason, the big execs there decided to stick with it now it's a very highly rated show and has spawned tons of copycats.
Just think. They could have canceled the highest grossing series the network has ever had. I think that thought alone should have caused some changes in the scheduling department.
No, 'cause they would never have known

#112194  by Blotus
 Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:13 pm
Firefly.

*sniff*