The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Hitman movie

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #112577  by Tessian
 Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:19 pm
This place has been dead lately... so I thought I'd throw out a random topic.

Been seeing commercials for the Hitman movie-- I played some of the Hitman games... I liked the gameplay but never played enough to understand the storyline. Didn't think there was enough there for a movie but it seems like they have an actual plot and not just action.

What do you guys think? Success or flop? I don't think most people will even know it's based off a video game which may help it out.

#112578  by Blotus
 Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 pm
Huge flop. Don't care. You should go watch Berserk instead.

#112581  by RentCavalier
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:40 am
I personally feel that Vin Diesel would have been the best choice to play Agent 47--this guy has a bit of a baby-face.

Regardless, the movie looks slick, if not a bit mindless. I'll see it if it gets some decent reviews, but I never played the games, so I can't really get behind it that way.

#112582  by bovine
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:49 am
for the most part movie games and game movies are bad, this does not look to buck that trend. I hope they don't make a hitman: the movie: the game to make some super terrible compounding of this stereotype.

#112585  by SineSwiper
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:35 am
I don't play the Hitman games, but I've seen the trailers. It looks cheesy. Even the soundtrack sounds cheesy, like they are trying to rip off of someone more highly talented in movie soundtracks.

I thought the game was about killing people, and moving on to the next. You mean there was actually a plot? Hell, do a GTA movie or something. Of course, GTA was more like a parody of movie/TV plots, so that would kinda miss the point.

#112587  by Zeus
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:14 am
Looks to be almost as bad as the DOA movie.....almost

#112590  by Lox
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:50 am
bovine wrote:for the most part movie games and game movies are bad, this does not look to buck that trend. I hope they don't make a hitman: the movie: the game to make some super terrible compounding of this stereotype.
Do you mean like "Street Fighter: The Movie" the game???

That game was AWESOME!!! ;)

#112591  by Chris
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:04 pm
Zeus wrote:Looks to be almost as bad as the DOA movie.....almost
wait they made a DOA movie? Wha? Seriously?

oh and more importantly....

You Watched a DOA movie? You really do have shit taste......get a hold of Bloodrayne 2 yet? excited for Postal?

#112592  by Blotus
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:25 pm
A little bird told me that Zeus has a framed copy of It's Pat: The Movie above his bed.

#112594  by Zeus
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:
Zeus wrote:Looks to be almost as bad as the DOA movie.....almost
wait they made a DOA movie? Wha? Seriously?

oh and more importantly....

You Watched a DOA movie? You really do have shit taste......get a hold of Bloodrayne 2 yet? excited for Postal?
It was on my satellite and it was late, so I caught the beginning few minutes. It's so bad it's laughable. Some movies are bad in a way that makes them fun, this is one of them. I'm gonna have to finish it sometime.

#112595  by Zeus
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:50 pm
Black Lotus wrote:A little bird told me that Zeus has a framed copy of It's Pat: The Movie above his bed.
Oh, for sure. Offers me the opportunity when someone asks "What's that?" to reply with "It's Pat". Gets a great chuckle every time :thumbup:

#112597  by Tessian
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:20 pm
RentCavalier wrote:I personally feel that Vin Diesel would have been the best choice to play Agent 47--this guy has a bit of a baby-face.
Vin's too built to be Agent 47... who is a thin, tall, bald almost pale white man.

I played through parts of the games... they're objective based third person action/shooters. Normally you're tasked with killing some boss that's in a highly guarded location and you have to use disguises, gadgets, and violence to get to him. I think it predates Splinter Cell, which now reminds me a lot of this... except SC forces you to be stealthier. The games have done well... I mean aren't there like 5 of them by now? And I know there's a story behind it all but I've never played through the games in order to get it.

I was just curious if anyone had played the games more than me and also if anyone even gave a fuck about this movie. Looks like not... like I said, probably the best thing going for that movie is most people won't know it's based off a game.

#112600  by Eric
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:59 pm
Vin would have rocked for the role, because he's played the games, and he's a gamer. :p

#112606  by SineSwiper
 Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:59 pm
Eric wrote:Vin would have rocked for the role, because he's played the games, and he's a gamer. :p
He also makes decisions because he's the decider.

Also, we watched DOA all the way through. It sorta had that "so bad you can't stop watching it" feel to it. If you're bored and already have it downloaded, it's worth watching.

#113088  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:07 pm
I'll take the fall for the group and watch the Hitman movie =)

I can stand a cheesy action film if it's fun, and this one could be like Comando in that way =)

#113096  by Torgo
 Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:28 pm
DOA was shitty, but enjoyable so.

#113098  by Chris
 Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:57 pm
I can't believe anyone could make it through DOA. it made Troma films look like cinematic masterpieces