The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Ray Park is Snake Eyes

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#114226  by SineSwiper
 Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:01 pm
But who's the red-headed chick?

#114236  by Zeus
 Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:05 pm
The only other casting is Sienna Miller as the Baroness.

I wonder which Scottish actor will play Cobra Commander. Gerard Butler?
 #114321  by Ishamael
 Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:16 am
Zeus wrote:Perfect casting, IMO

http://movies.ign.com/articles/839/839675p1.html
Has there ever been an actor who's done less to gain the admiration of so many nerds? This guy has probably spoken a sum of 10 lines and has maybe 45 minutes worth of total screen time in his entire movie career. And yet there's no shortage of people clamoring for him to appear in movies.

We should do a Shrine poll on this.
 #114323  by Zeus
 Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:24 am
Ishamael wrote:

Has there ever been an actor who's done less to gain the admiration of so many nerds? This guy has probably spoken a sum of 10 lines and has maybe 45 minutes worth of total screen time in his entire movie career.
Which is why he's perfect as Snake Eyes, a secondary character who doesn't talk, gets little screen time, rarely as the focus of the scene, and is a hand-to-hand fighting expert.

Did you ever watch the show as a kid? Everything he's shown in his career so far is perfect for Snake Eyes
 #114360  by Ishamael
 Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:45 am
Zeus wrote:
Ishamael wrote:

Has there ever been an actor who's done less to gain the admiration of so many nerds? This guy has probably spoken a sum of 10 lines and has maybe 45 minutes worth of total screen time in his entire movie career.
Which is why he's perfect as Snake Eyes, a secondary character who doesn't talk, gets little screen time, rarely as the focus of the scene, and is a hand-to-hand fighting expert.

Did you ever watch the show as a kid? Everything he's shown in his career so far is perfect for Snake Eyes
Oh, I'm not disagreeing. :) I'm just saying that his on screen efficiency is amazing. There are actors who need hours of screen time and reams of dialog to reach Ray Park's level of fandom. There must be an equation out there that calculates fan popularity based on amount of screen time. Ray has to be hitting at 100% efficiency.

#114367  by Kupek
 Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:49 am
Well, he was Darth Maul, the only redeemable part of Episode I, and possibly the most badass character Lucas ever came up with. That goes a long way.

#114373  by Zeus
 Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:16 pm
Kupek wrote:Well, he was Darth Maul, the only redeemable part of Episode I, and possibly the most badass character Lucas ever came up with. That goes a long way.
Darth Vadar is arguably one of the most badass characters in movie history.......

#114377  by Ishamael
 Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:25 pm
Kupek wrote:Well, he was Darth Maul, the only redeemable part of Episode I, and possibly the most badass character Lucas ever came up with. That goes a long way.
Definitely. One well-acted part in a Star Wars film must be worth like 5 regular "good" movies.

Side note, I remember this Kevin Smith rift about Darth Maul charging people $50 per head for autographs. Kevin wasn't being too critical though - his attitude was that it's possible he'd have to do the same someday to put food on his table, so he wasn't going to slam Park. But he was pretty bemused by the whole thing.