The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• New Dark Knight trailer, with the Joker =o

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#114701  by Chris
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:51 am
:D :'( :O :love: :yay: :drinkbuds: :notworthy: :drunk: :woot: :bigeye: :drool: :rock:

#114704  by RentCavalier
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:11 am
There is no way this movie can suck.

#114707  by bovine
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:52 am
RentCavalier wrote:There is no way this movie can suck.
we'll just see about that.

#114709  by Andrew, Killer Bee
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:39 am
bovine wrote:we'll just see about that.
Seriously. Don't jinx it, Rent!

#114710  by Lox
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:00 am
Wow. Seriously...wow.

I always thought Ledger would do a good job, but that was even better than I thought.

Argh...July 2008 can't get here fast enough!

#114711  by Kupek
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:02 am
imdb.com wrote:When asked, "Why Heath Ledger as the Joker?" Christopher Nolan said, "Because he's fearless."

#114712  by Tessian
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:08 am
Damn....can I buy a ticket yet?

#114714  by Chris
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:12 am
THE LAUGH HE HAS THE LAUGH!

the one thing I was waiting on to see if this movie would be day one viewing.....and fuck yeah he's got it

#114717  by Lox
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:20 am
Chris Hansbrough wrote:THE LAUGH HE HAS THE LAUGH!

the one thing I was waiting on to see if this movie would be day one viewing.....and fuck yeah he's got it
Yeah, he does. I actually got chills when I heard it the first time.

#114718  by Chris
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:11 am
need more excitable smilies
for there are no words

#114722  by Zeus
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:43 pm

#114726  by Lox
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:11 pm
Zeus wrote:..............................
That better be silence out of sheer awe of the sweetness of this trailer. It better be, Zeus!!!!!!!!!!!

#114740  by SineSwiper
 Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:10 pm
You know, between Bale and Ledger, you have to applaud their dedication to getting the voices right.

#115070  by SineSwiper
 Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:18 pm
You know, when I look back, I really hate the old Batman movies. They were still stuck in this in-between state of matching the 60's series and matching the comics.

The new series is grittier and darker, more realistic. The new Joker isn't some guy who had an accident that made his lips go up. He's a psychopath who likes to wear clown makeup. It makes you say "Hey, this freak could actually exist in my town."

#115092  by Zeus
 Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:42 am
I've rewatched both of the Burton ones in the past couple of years. They really do rule IMO. Don't get me wrong, I don't despise the new ones, but Burton really made them work. They were comic-y yet gritty at the same time. And Nicholson is such an amazing actor, he made the entire franchise IMO. DeVito and Pfieffer did a bang-up job in the second one too, not to mention Keaton who was far better a Batman than I think a lot of people give him credit for.

We shall not talk about the Shumacher (sp?) films ever again

#115099  by Lox
 Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:37 am
Zeus wrote:I've rewatched both of the Burton ones in the past couple of years. They really do rule IMO. Don't get me wrong, I don't despise the new ones, but Burton really made them work. They were comic-y yet gritty at the same time. And Nicholson is such an amazing actor, he made the entire franchise IMO. DeVito and Pfieffer did a bang-up job in the second one too, not to mention Keaton who was far better a Batman than I think a lot of people give him credit for.

We shall not talk about the Shumacher (sp?) films ever again
Being a huge Batman fan, I can also honestly say that I enjoy the first 2 films. Yeah, they were a Burton-twist on the original, but he did make them work. I could watch Nicholson as the Joker any day just because he is such a good actor. Batman Begins is definitely my favorite, but I still like Batman and Batman Returns.

Now, I did go back and watch Batman Forever a few months ago cuz it was on TV. I hate that movie even more than I did before. I think that if I ever saw B&R again, my brain would explode.

#115108  by RentCavalier
 Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:19 pm
My college room mate is obsessed with Batman, and is convinced that Batman Begins is a singularly masterful cinematic masterpiece.

#115149  by Zeus
 Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:29 am
RentCavalier wrote:My college room mate is obsessed with Batman, and is convinced that Batman Begins is a singularly masterful cinematic masterpiece.
I love Nolan but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. Pretty solid film, yes, but not ridiculously spectacular or anything.

One thing about Bale (I think he's a pretty good actor): the only part of him you see for half the film is his mouth and he has a weird mouth. Not saying it ruined anything, just an observation.

#115155  by Andrew, Killer Bee
 Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:45 am
Zeus wrote:I've rewatched both of the Burton ones in the past couple of years. They really do rule IMO.
I've watched the first one semi-recently, and maaaan, it has not aged well. Also, the more I see of Nicholson the less I like him. His Joker was iconic, no doubt, but I'm not sure it was that good. Seeing The Departed a little while ago really made obvious what a one-note actor he can be.

I loved Batman Begins, but I hope we see a bit less of Batman in the new one. The best bits of Begins were the Bruce Wayne-heavy start, and Batman kicking ass invisibly. Out in the open he just looks a bit ridiculous.

#115163  by Zeus
 Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:20 pm
Just when you think Nicholson is "one note" in films like Anger Management and The Departed (big cast in this one and he's got a pretty basic role), he comes along and pulls an About Schmidt or As Good As It Gets out of his ass and you're reminded how good he really is.

The same for De Niro. You think he's just this guy who acts like a tough and smart mobster/cop and that's all he can do then he comes along and does Awakenings or even Frankenstein to show you how good of an actor he really is.

#115171  by RentCavalier
 Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:27 pm
Don't forget about Stardust.

Di Nero is freakin'...oh my god...

If you've seen Stardust, you know what I'm talking about, but if you haven't, just know that Di Nero plays a gay sky pirate

#115212  by SineSwiper
 Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:32 pm
Speaking of gay, William Dafoe in Boondock Saints. He should be on that list, too.

Anyway, WTF does this have to do with Batman?