The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Wow...Chris, I assume you've heard about this?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #115701  by Lox
 Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:28 pm
Spiderman: One More Day

Basically, Peter Parker made a deal with Mephisto to undo the last 20 years of his life. So he's no longer married, a bunch of people are now alive again, his part in Civil War never happened (huh???), Venom and all the symbiotes never happened, etc.

Sounds really, really lame to me. Not to mention that it opens up how many continuity problems. Apparently any interaction he's had with other Marvel characters in the last 20 years is gone also.

#115706  by Blotus
 Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:39 pm
Wow. Canon?

#115747  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:37 pm
Time travel his 20-year-old self to current, or is he actually in the past?

#115825  by Zeus
 Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:25 am
This is the definition of shark jumping

#115829  by Chris
 Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:44 am
no zeus it's the definition of an EIC forcing his will onto a property. he's been bitching about spider-man being married for years. he also bitches about how having spider-man become a widower or get divorced wuld hurt him as a character. Yeah and making a deal with the Devil is so much more fucking honorable. I can see why JMS wanted his name taken off the last 2 issues of that crap. it was one of the most universally reviled stories in history. and no I didn't buy it. It wipes away 20 years of stories and ruins what I thought was the most ingenious one to date (spider man having a public identity) which of course they said they weren't going to undo. oh wait.....they did. such shit. fuck you Joe Quesada. ths is why you let writers write and not editors. Editors aren't writers fr a reason you fat idiot.

needless to say even though I love the creative teams on the 3-times-a-month amazing spiderman series (seriosuly the writer/artist combinations are amazing) I won't be bying it because I'm guaranteed not to like it. Sales numbrs will be interesting to see too over the next few months.