The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• WGA files with NLRB against the studios

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#118074  by Blotus
 Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:26 pm
There definitely was filler. I still enjoyed it all, but not as much as S1&2.

#118087  by Tessian
 Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:32 pm
I stopped mid way through Season 2... BSG is a scifi soap opera. Not enough happened in a given episode, it just DRAGGED.

#118100  by SineSwiper
 Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:40 pm
Geesh, they try to establish some character development and background, and you guys get into a huff over the lack of explosions and fighting and shit.

#118106  by Blotus
 Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:57 pm
Don't put words into our mouths.

#118109  by Chris
 Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:10 am
Black Lotus wrote:I like cock
What? Why would anyone do that.

#118115  by SineSwiper
 Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:18 am
Tessian wrote:I stopped mid way through Season 2... BSG is a scifi soap opera. Not enough happened in a given episode, it just DRAGGED.
I could say the same thing about shows like 24 or Lost, minus the sci-fi part.

#118119  by Blotus
 Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:22 am
Tessian wrote:I stopped mid way through Season 2... BSG is a scifi soap opera. Not enough happened in a given episode, it just DRAGGED.
You said you always Tivo General Hospital... what is it, you just don't like Sci Fi soap operas?

#118124  by Chris
 Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:23 am
SineSwiper wrote:
not enough happens in an episode of 24? That's it's problem....the fact that there is usually too much happening in an episode of 24 and most of its important. thats what makes me love/hate the show....

Lost....actually has a similar problem. they have too many subplots going at once.....although now that the immaculately talented (and sexy) Brian K Vaughn is head writer it should start getting better and definitely has sincehe joined the writing staff last season.......he's BKV...he could shit on a blank piece of paper and have it be an awesome story...

#118134  by Blotus
 Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:32 am
You know this BKV? Tell him to start wrapping shit up now. I'm not going to look to the internet (via mini episodes or ARG's) for answers the show sould give me.

Like apparently, the mysterious numerical sequence from Lost is explained in a Lost ARG (Alternate Reality Game...?), and how it is significant to Dharma... but you wouldn't know it unless you went looking for it on the net.

#118140  by Chris
 Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:44 am
Black Lotus wrote:You know this BKV? Tell him to start wrapping shit up now. I'm not going to look to the internet (via mini episodes or ARG's) for answers the show sould give me.

Like apparently, the mysterious numerical sequence from Lost is explained in a Lost ARG (Alternate Reality Game...?), and how it is significant to Dharma... but you wouldn't know it unless you went looking for it on the net.
This BKV is one of the most creative guys I've ever met and this is his first work in tv and his episodes have all been gold. they brought in fresh blood and it finally brought the show to the quality it had when Paul Dini was rockin it in the first season. it's already better than it's been in years and it should get a brilliant finish.

and just because I love BKV's writing. for an example of his briliance check out Y-The Last Man from Vertigo. it will blow your mind with brilliance.....(an is being developed into a movie trilogy)

#118144  by Blotus
 Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:04 am
Manfarb wrote:check out Y-The Last Man from Vertigo.
I would have, if you hadn't insisted on this dancing nonsense. GO FUCK YOURSELF! lololololololololololololol also, eleven.

#118145  by Tessian
 Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:28 am
SineSwiper wrote:
You're an idiot... do you watch either show? 24 has the opposite problem-- too much happens in each episode. Lost I didn't get into and don't care to but as others have said above it is too busy rather than not busy enough.

#118149  by Chris
 Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:08 am
Black Lotus wrote:
Manfarb wrote:check out Y-The Last Man from Vertigo.
I would have, if you hadn't insisted on this dancing nonsense. GO FUCK YOURSELF! lololololololololololololol also, eleven.
hey i you check it out I'll stop dancing....

#118154  by Lox
 Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:28 am
Manfarb wrote:and just because I love BKV's writing. for an example of his briliance check out Y-The Last Man from Vertigo. it will blow your mind with brilliance.....(an is being developed into a movie trilogy)
Agreed. The series just wrapped up so you can read it from beginning to end!

#118191  by Ishamael
 Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:12 am
Zeus wrote:
Manfarb wrote:
Ishamael wrote: Are they WGA members and what shows/movies have they written?
Yes. law and Order SVU, House, All the good superhero animated series, Lost, Heroes, BayFormers, Numbers, I could go on. Delayed answer yes. but the fact is.....all of you both pro and anti WGA are not close in analysis.
So enlighten us. I'd love to know the real story
I'm still waiting to hear the "real story" myself. I'm on the verge of calling B.S. on Manfarb. Ah screw it, I AM calling B.S. Manfarb is full of shit. And yes it takes a ton of balls to tell a guy who calls himself Manfarb on the Internets that he's full of shit. :)