The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Dexter on CBS

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #118188  by Tessian
 Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:29 am
Starts tomorrow (Sunday) night at 10pm. If you haven't watched Dexter yet now's a great time to start. Even this sanitized version should be amazing to watch.
 #118205  by Zeus
 Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:34 pm
Tessian wrote:Starts tomorrow (Sunday) night at 10pm. If you haven't watched Dexter yet now's a great time to start. Even this sanitized version should be amazing to watch.
Download it. They have to cut about 10 minutes off each ep to fit the commercials in. Also, it's cut for "inappropriate material"

#118207  by Eric
 Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:52 pm
It's a butchered version of the show imo.

#118211  by Tessian
 Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:25 pm
Eric wrote:It's a butchered version of the show imo.
I don't know how bad it'll be... it'll be a far cry from what they do to regular shows and movies (like Die Hard) to make them network watchable. They actually shot a clean version alongside the Showtime version.

Of course I'd recommend the Showtime version, but most people are too lazy or against downloading it so this is better than not watching it at all.

#118296  by Blotus
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:27 pm
Holy shit, nobody told me Ajax was in Dexter. Sold!

#118301  by Shellie
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:07 pm
Ajax?

#118309  by Blotus
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:40 pm
"What's the matter? You goin' faggot?"

#118316  by Tessian
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:55 pm
Black Lotus wrote:"What's the matter? You goin' faggot?"
Ajax is perhaps a character from Oz? I did catch one episode of Oz one random night and noticed that half the crew of Dexter was in it.

#118322  by Andrew, Killer Bee
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:09 pm
Heh, Ajax is from The Warriors. I'm familiar with the actor through Sex and the City, God help me.

#118324  by Tessian
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:28 pm
Andrew, Killer Bee wrote:Heh, Ajax is from The Warriors. I'm familiar with the actor through Sex and the City, God help me.
Seriously? I watched that in the summer but don't remember anyone's name, haha. Wasn't that great a movie to be honest, I was disappointed

#118359  by Shellie
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:31 pm
Haven't seen it. It was something I wanted to check out though.

It looks like "Ajax" is the guy that plays Harry.

#118361  by Shellie
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:35 pm
Tessian wrote:
Ajax is perhaps a character from Oz? I did catch one episode of Oz one random night and noticed that half the crew of Dexter was in it.
Oh? I had only seen Michael C Hall before :love: from Six Feet Under, and maybe the guy that plays Lundy..but I dont know where.

#118367  by Zeus
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:43 pm
Seraphina wrote:
Tessian wrote:
Oh? I had only seen Michael C Hall before :love: from Six Feet Under, and maybe the guy that plays Lundy..but I dont know where.
It's really not that hard....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/

He's Keith Carradine, David (Kill Bill's "Bill") Carradine's half-brother. And you probably know him from Deadwood

#118368  by Shellie
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:49 pm
Yeah I looked him up on IMDB, and saw ALL the stuff he's been in, but I didn't see anything in the list I thought I might have recognized him from. I think I saw 2 eps of Deadwood and stopped watching it.

#118369  by RentCavalier
 Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:54 pm
Oz is perhaps one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen. I need to buy Season 2 on DVD.

#118372  by Flip
 Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:21 am
Seraphina wrote:I think I saw 2 eps of Deadwood and stopped watching it.
Blasphemy! Deadwood was fantastic, but maybe it takes half a season or so... Well, i loved it and have enjoyed everything you have, for what it is worth.

#118377  by Shellie
 Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:48 am
It's probably worth another try, I just didn't get hooked right away. Maybe I was still pissed at HBO for canceling Carnivale >:(

#118379  by Ishamael
 Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:11 am
Flip wrote:
Seraphina wrote:I think I saw 2 eps of Deadwood and stopped watching it.
Blasphemy! Deadwood was fantastic, but maybe it takes half a season or so... Well, i loved it and have enjoyed everything you have, for what it is worth.
I'm going to name my first born Al Swearington, even if it's a girl.

#118401  by Shellie
 Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:51 am
Good name for a character on that show, BTW..I remember how every other word in the show was Fuck

#118406  by Zeus
 Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:03 pm
RentCavalier wrote:Oz is perhaps one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen. I need to buy Season 2 on DVD.
They dropped to $20 a season up here and I picked them all up. It's a great, great show until about halfway through Season 4 (oddly, S4 is 16 eps while the rest are only 8 ) at which point it starts to go downhill. Jumps the shark completely either near the end of Season 5 or beginning of Season 6, can't remember exactly when.

#118431  by Ishamael
 Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:52 pm
Zeus wrote:
RentCavalier wrote:Oz is perhaps one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen. I need to buy Season 2 on DVD.
They dropped to $20 a season up here and I picked them all up. It's a great, great show until about halfway through Season 4 (oddly, S4 is 16 eps while the rest are only 8 ) at which point it starts to go downhill. Jumps the shark completely either near the end of Season 5 or beginning of Season 6, can't remember exactly when.
That's about the time I started tuning out too. I'm not so sure if the show itself jumped the hill or if I had just gotten worn out on it. It's pretty intense and I think you get mentally burnt out watching it after a while.

#118445  by Zeus
 Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:03 am
Ishamael wrote:
Zeus wrote:
That's about the time I started tuning out too. I'm not so sure if the show itself jumped the hill or if I had just gotten worn out on it. It's pretty intense and I think you get mentally burnt out watching it after a while.
They did some weird-ass shit in Seasons 5 and 6. really, really weird. It went from being gritty to weird

#118472  by SineSwiper
 Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:51 pm
Seraphina wrote:Good name for a character on that show, BTW..I remember how every other word in the show was Fuck
They should have renamed the show to "Cocksucker Motherfucker".

#118481  by Blotus
 Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:31 am
SineSwiper wrote:They should have renamed the show to "Cocksucker Motherfucker".
Then it would never make it on network TV.

#118489  by SineSwiper
 Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:18 am
Black Lotus wrote:Then it would never make it on network TV.
Ha! Like it ever would have made it to network TV. It's like trying to show Good Fellas with all of the beeps in.

#118493  by Flip
 Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:07 am
Seraphina wrote:Good name for a character on that show, BTW..I remember how every other word in the show was Fuck
I hardly noticed. It fits the the shows mood and time period so well. It sounds... natural.