The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Naruto kills

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#119161  by Zeus
 Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:46 pm
Darwin rears his ugly head again

#119172  by SineSwiper
 Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:19 pm
FEAR FEAR FEAR...Love that media. This could have been the same story without this "cartoons are bad" implication.

#119174  by Tessian
 Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:29 pm
I've actually talked about Naruto a bit with a friend at work who has 2 young boys... I do think Naruto is quite a bit overly violent to be presented as a kid's show and it seems to be nothing but headache's for parents who have kids bouncing around trying to fight each other.

That being said... this kid was a freakin idiot, but more importantly-- who the hell has a sandbox big enough to bury kids in these days?? Any sandbox I ever played in (aside from the beach) was like 6 inche of sand tops; not enough to bury a kid to the point he'd be able to suffocate. If it was that big a sand box wtf were the adults supervising this thing?

#119188  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:51 pm
Ah anime..... I remember back when I used to copy Thunder Cats. Although I don't recall ever being hurt myself I can say for certain that many others were hurt...... 2007 was an awesome year! =P

#119220  by SineSwiper
 Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Awesome. If only all "five stars" were like this. (Really, YouTube's rating system is crap.)

#119278  by Eric
 Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:18 pm
Naruto has a weird following.

For example there's this WoW player named Ming who plays a Rogue, and makes Naruto references all the time on his Blog.

Ming recently teamed up with a douchebag of a player recently to better his arena(ladder for you outsiders) standing and had this to say on the subject:

"Like Sasuke who left Konoha to team up with Orochimaru, I too have grown addicted to Serennia's darker powers, even if I am more than aware of the snake lurking within. Quite simply, he is the best player I have ever played with, and it is far, far beyond his raw skills (which is way better than what people give him credit for)."

He makes these types of references all the time. It's a pure comedy gold mind, and of course the jackasses of the WoW forums got hold this tragic story, and are going wild bringing it full circle to Ming.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 0162&sid=1

#119296  by Tessian
 Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:18 pm
Eric wrote:Naruto has a weird following.

For example there's this WoW player named Ming who plays a Rogue, and makes Naruto references all the time on his Blog.

Ming recently teamed up with a douchebag of a player recently to better his arena(ladder for you outsiders) standing and had this to say on the subject:

"Like Sasuke who left Konoha to team up with Orochimaru, I too have grown addicted to Serennia's darker powers, even if I am more than aware of the snake lurking within. Quite simply, he is the best player I have ever played with, and it is far, far beyond his raw skills (which is way better than what people give him credit for)."

He makes these types of references all the time. It's a pure comedy gold mind, and of course the jackasses of the WoW forums got hold this tragic story, and are going wild bringing it full circle to Ming.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 0162&sid=1
The hilarity of this is directly proportional to how old the person is. <18-- silly. 19-25 -- Funny. 26-32 -- Hilarious. 33+ Amazingly hilariously sad

I skimmed through the first few pages of that thread... does Ming make an appearance anywhere? Damn does this make me glad I picked LOTRO instead ;)

#119310  by Eric
 Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:28 am
While on the subject of Ming, he posted this on his blog the other day:
Today was a very sad day for me. My role model passed away, I am trying to gather enough strength to write this blog but I can't seem to fight back the tears. He was someone I truly looked up to and the reason I started a certain hobby in the first place, R.I.P.
People thought somebody he knew died, or he felt for that kid mentioned who killed himself playing Sand Ninja.

Turns out he's torn up because in this week's Naruto chapter(Japan's) a character he liked, died. -_-

#119314  by Don
 Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:58 pm
Characters in Naruto do not die until they have a flashback.

#119351  by SineSwiper
 Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm
Even then, they still don't die.

#119365  by Don
 Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:01 pm
People die quite often in Naruto.

#119371  by Eric
 Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:12 pm
Don Wang wrote:People die quite often in Naruto.
I'm fairly sure said character in question has had enough fucking flash backs -_-

#119377  by Don
 Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:18 am
It's not like you have to die after having a flashback. It just means your chance of dying increases. And if the character appears to die after a flashback, usually they're really dead.

#119419  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:10 pm
Don Wang wrote:People die quite often in Naruto.
Only the villians or no name characters.

#119423  by Don
 Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:48 pm
All I can say is the Anime is very far behind.

#119425  by Eric
 Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:47 pm
Don Wang wrote:All I can say is the Anime is very far behind.
lol, understatement of the year.

*Sighs at the anime watchers*

*Reads manga*

#119447  by Zeus
 Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:40 pm
Don Wang wrote:All I can say is the Anime is very far behind.
2 years by my cuz's estimation