The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• NBC and Fox should kiss Zeus's ass?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #119191  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:56 pm
Zeus wrote:I should send NBC and Fox a stick of lipstick so there's proof of them kissing my ass
Why? Because they launched in the US before they had legal rights to deliver to your particular house?

Either way, you steal everything anyway, so why are you complaining?
Last edited by Julius Seeker on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

#119194  by Zeus
 Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:06 pm
Seek wrote:
Zeus wrote:I should send NBC and Fox a stick of lipstick so there's proof of them kissing my ass
Why? Because they launched in the US before they had legal rights to deliver to your particular house?

Yes, I don't pay for anything, anything at all. Not the 1900+ games, 50+ systems, and 650+ DVDs (not including the 100+ boxsets) that I have in my house. Same with all of the figures, guides, some comics, and other paraphenilia. Stole every last one of those. My wife is SO happy I don't spend $200 a month on games and DVDs, let me tell ya.

In addition, I actually will hack into Rogers' servers and change my IP address so that it's American-based addy just so I can "steal" the free online service

I really should get you a butt-plug so we don't have to hear your uniformed drudge all the time
Last edited by Zeus on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#119195  by Zeus
 Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:07 pm
Flip wrote:i have a beta login for that site, its pretty cool. Not probably something i would use all the time, but it runs well and looks great.
Yeah, that's the way I'd use it too, on occasion for a few clips here and there and maybe if they have some exclusive content (you can bet that any upcoming Battlestar stuff will be exclusive to the site).

#119200  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:42 pm
Zeus wrote:
Seek wrote:

Yes, I don't pay for anything, anything at all. Not the 1900+ games, 50+ systems, and 650+ DVDs (not including the 100+ boxsets) that I have in my house. Same with all of the figures, guides, some comics, and other paraphenilia. Stole every last one of those. My wife is SO happy I don't spend $200 a month on games and DVDs, let me tell ya.

In addition, I actually will hack into Rogers' servers and change my IP address so that it's American-based addy just so I can "steal" the free online service

I really should get you a butt-plug so we don't have to hear your uniformed drudge all the time
I didn't think you could possibly be stupid enough to think that I was referring to anything else other than all of your posts on how you download everything. Posts like this cause me to question; particularly with stupidity of your post above whining about how "NBC and Fox can kiss my ass!" because they released a service in the US before they could gain the rights to release the service in Canada.

#119203  by Zeus
 Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:08 pm
Seek, I was responding to your blanket statement about theft not the American vs Canadian thing.

We all know you don't actually read posts otherwise you'd know my stance on actually paying for stuff. That $200 a month is probably right around my average for the year ($2,500 sounds about right). Just because I download a lot (who the hell here doesn't?) and have an open satellite dish don't mean I don't spend more on stuff than essentially anywhere here. Arguments about which movies warrant my money or the fact that I think a lot of things - XBox Live and cellphones in particular - are a ripoff and I refuse to pay for them do not in any way provide support for an ignorant blanket statement like that.

Know what you're talking about before you make blanket statements like that. But supporting your statements with facts ain't really your MO, is it?

#119204  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:41 pm
Zeus wrote:Seek, I was responding to your blanket statement about theft not the American vs Canadian thing.

We all know you don't actually read posts otherwise you'd know my stance on actually paying for stuff. That $200 a month is probably right around my average for the year ($2,500 sounds about right). Just because I download a lot (who the hell here doesn't?) and have an open satellite dish don't mean I don't spend more on stuff than essentially anywhere here. Arguments about which movies warrant my money or the fact that I think a lot of things - XBox Live and cellphones in particular - are a ripoff and I refuse to pay for them do not in any way provide support for an ignorant blanket statement like that.

Know what you're talking about before you make blanket statements like that. But supporting your statements with facts ain't really your MO, is it?
Your reasoning that cell phones are a rip-off was because you didn't like how they charged a base fee of under 6 dollars. When you complain about that, how do you expect any rational person to believe that a penny pincher like you spends $200 a month on DVDs? Especially when you seem to have no problems stealing them off the internet and discussing it frequently; for example, the Star Trek movie thread, it wasn't about how you were going to see it, yet you went out of your way to say you were going to essentially steal it rather than paying the sales price of $6 or $8 (I believe you said your theatre cost).

Also, you are complaining about me making a blanket statement, even though you'd have to be quite stupid to not know my meaning, and then posting a similarly blanket assumption: "I download a lot (who the hell here doesn't?)" making you a hypocrite.

and you still haven't answered why you think NBC and Fox should kiss your ass for releasing a product in the US before they could legally release it in Canada.