The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Quick funny read on top rated movie inaccuracies

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#119550  by Blotus
 Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:26 pm
Anybody who takes the time to point out historical inaccuracies of a movie based off a graphic novel based off a legend of a battle (300) is a tard.

#119551  by Lox
 Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:17 pm
Yeah, inaccuracies don't really bother me. I want a movie to be exciting and interesting. If mixing up the facts achieves that, fine by me.

#119552  by Flip
 Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:02 pm
Black Lotus wrote:Anybody who takes the time to point out historical inaccuracies of a movie based off a graphic novel based off a legend of a battle (300) is a tard.
The 300 one was crap, i completely agree. The others have decent points, though.

#119556  by SineSwiper
 Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:54 pm
Black Lotus wrote:Anybody who takes the time to point out historical inaccuracies of a movie based off a graphic novel based off a legend of a battle (300) is a tard.
True, but I called that 10,000BC one before the page even loaded. The movie 300 was trying to be stylish, while the others like 10,000BC or Braveheart were trying to make shit up for a story. Sometimes it's just better to read the historical record, and make a movie out of it.

#119559  by Zeus
 Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:17 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
True, but I called that 10,000BC one before the page even loaded. The movie 300 was trying to be stylish, while the others like 10,000BC or Braveheart were trying to make shit up for a story. Sometimes it's just better to read the historical record, and make a movie out of it.
On occasion, it's best to just remember that movies are made for entertainment purposes and not as educational lessons

#119563  by SineSwiper
 Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:22 pm
Zeus wrote:On occasion, it's best to just remember that movies are made for entertainment purposes and not as educational lessons
Fine, but don't insult my intelligence. Are people really that fucking stupid to believe that wolly mammoths lived in the desert? I'm surprised they didn't throw in some dinosaurs in there to put the final cherry on top of a pile of shit.

#119565  by Zeus
 Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:18 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
Zeus wrote:On occasion, it's best to just remember that movies are made for entertainment purposes and not as educational lessons
Fine, but don't insult my intelligence. Are people really that fucking stupid to believe that wolly mammoths lived in the desert? I'm surprised they didn't throw in some dinosaurs in there to put the final cherry on top of a pile of shit.
It's Roland Emmerich, man. He's so much like Bay, do one excellent flick (Stargate for him, Rock for Bay) and when you finally get creative licence, make mostly complete and utter shit that look good which gets you all the coin from the dumbasses who don't care about quality.

#119568  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:09 am