The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Bill & Ted Remake...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #119973  by Tessian
 Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:50 pm
Saw this on AOTS last night and couldn't believe it... DON'T FUCK WITH BILL AND TED. Actually, I'd kinda like a NEW movie, but they already said there will be NO PHONEBOOTH??? That's like fucking Dr Who deciding not to use a Police Box for his tardus. Fuck off Hollywood, I don't care if phonebooth's are not the norm but every kid should and probably does still know what one is!

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6 ... emake.html
We were stoked to find out that there was going to be a new Bill & Ted movie, thinking that Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter would totally rock it as middle-aged Bill and Ted, but we are dismayed to learn that what's actually happening is another remake, this time updating the not-terribly-in-need-of-an-update Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

The only changes we know anything about relate to the change of the phone booth to something "more funky," and an updating of the characters who will be part of their school presentation will include Gandhi and Calamity Jane. Won't that be fun? We can only image the 'irreverent' jokes about Gandhi needing to eat that will be in it!

Pffft.
edit to add in article for the lazy
Last edited by Tessian on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #119975  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:54 pm
Tessian wrote:Saw this on AOTS last night and couldn't believe it... DON'T FUCK WITH BILL AND TED. Actually, I'd kinda like a NEW movie, but they already said there will be NO PHONEBOOTH??? That's like fucking Dr Who deciding not to use a Police Box for his tardus. Fuck off Hollywood, I don't care if phonebooth's are not the norm but every kid should and probably does still know what one is!

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6 ... emake.html
There is no way in hell to see this movie remade....
1) No 80's intro music
2) No phone booth
3) WATERLOOOOOOOO!

#120004  by SineSwiper
 Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:53 am
And we just saw news of a Short Circuit remake moments ago. Are these April Fool's jokes or what?

#120006  by Tessian
 Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:31 am
SineSwiper wrote:And we just saw news of a Short Circuit remake moments ago. Are these April Fool's jokes or what?
Zeus made a post about that days ago... and I wish they were april fools jokes.

I just watched Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey tonight on Netflix Instant watching (had to take a LOTRO break :P) and even today, 17 years later it's still a decent movie I think. God awful people in the future wearing neon foam clothing and everyone in the world loves rock and roll... but pretty funny. My favorite scene is STILL them playing board games with the grim reaper, lol. "I'm sorry dude, it was Kernel Klink. ...Best 5 out of 7?" "YOU BET YOUR ASS"

#120008  by SineSwiper
 Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:40 am
Sooo....whatever happened to Alex Winter?

#120011  by Tessian
 Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:17 am
SineSwiper wrote:Sooo....whatever happened to Alex Winter?
You obviously had to look him up in IMDB to find his name so you know as well as I do what he's done... very little. Saul of the Mole men? haha, poor guy.

Kinda funny to see two guys get their start in the same movie and one becomes a huge star and the other one can barely find work.

#120016  by SineSwiper
 Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:55 pm
Nah, I was lazy. I just looked up him at the top of the thread.