The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Doctor Who: Season 4 Starts TONIGHT

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #120535  by Tessian
 Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm
Just a reminder: 8:30pm EST on Scifi. 90 minute first episode :)

'bout time The Doctor came back!

--so no, Seraphina, I will not be on LOTRO during this time ;)

#120538  by Zeus
 Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:54 pm
My wife's been watchin' for a while now. That and Torchwood

#120540  by Chris
 Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:08 pm
torchwood was drastically better this year. especially the episodes where martha got involved....it made captain jack actually seem like jack rather than brooding douchebag....then she left and he went back to douchebag mode.....still love what they did this season with some great eps....Dr. WHo I'm intrigues....I've already seen the ep they are showing with the titanic and it's quite great....really made me want kylie as a companion....

#120542  by Tessian
 Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:59 pm
I want to watch Torchwood.. but I don't get BBC Amer'ca :(

#120543  by SineSwiper
 Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:54 pm
Trying to get Shellie into Dr. Who. She likes Torchwood, but doesn't like the campiness of Dr Who. I've been a fan of the series since the Tom Baker days. At least I just got her to see the previous season episodes with Jack in it. (Haven't seen the season finale episode yet, so don't spoil it.)

#120545  by Shellie
 Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:57 pm
Jack is hot.

#120549  by RentCavalier
 Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:23 pm
I have a female friend who is obsessed with Torchwood, to the degree that she writes gay fanfiction about.

Not that it needs any, because it's actually a gay show. With literal gay. in the butt.

MANSEX.

#120552  by Tessian
 Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:00 pm
Chris is right-- season opener was quite awesome.

And Sine: do what you have to to get that woman of yours to watch and enjoy Doctor Who. Leave her character stranded atop Giant's Needle with no travel rations or map if you have to ;)

#120557  by Zeus
 Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:11 am
Tessian wrote:I want to watch Torchwood.. but I don't get BBC Amer'ca :(
www.mininova.org

#120562  by Chris
 Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:01 am
Seraphina wrote:Jack is hot.
yes....yes he is.....

#120609  by Shellie
 Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:58 am
Tessian wrote: And Sine: do what you have to to get that woman of yours to watch and enjoy Doctor Who. Leave her character stranded atop Giant's Needle with no travel rations or map if you have to ;)
:P

He did make me watch some of the episodes specifically the recent 3 parter. I have to agree that it is much better than what I originally thought. I may start watching it along with Torchwood now.

#120636  by SineSwiper
 Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:06 pm
Hey, I didn't like the first season of the new Dr Who either. When they had that episode with the Last Dalek, and the audience was supposed to feel sorry for it or something, I really had to stop watching it for a while. Russell Davis needs to stick with ideas and not writing.