The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• BSG

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

BSG

#120565  by Blotus
 Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:14 am
OMG :(

#120566  by Shellie
 Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:41 am
Dammit! I haven't seen the new ep yet. Now you're gonna make me wonder what happened!!!

#120567  by Tessian
 Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:45 pm
[troll]

I lost interest in "General Hospital in Space" after season 1. I love character development but when it amounts to 80% of an episode you're boring me. It seriously is just a space soap drama... it just has a bigger budget and fewer episodes every week.

That being said, that damned poster of theirs of the last supper offends me... and I'm not even religious! I just am instantly put off by any show that thinks it can compare itself on that level.

[/troll]
 #120571  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:49 pm
Black Lotus wrote:OMG :(
OMG is right....

There is definitely something sexy about that girl.

Tessian wrote:I lost interest in "General Hospital in Space" after season 1. I love character development but when it amounts to 80% of an episode you're boring me. It seriously is just a space soap drama... it just has a bigger budget and fewer episodes every week.

That being said, that damned poster of theirs of the last supper offends me... and I'm not even religious! I just am instantly put off by any show that thinks it can compare itself on that level.
General Hospital in space? Come on. This is so better than that. Definitely on par with Passions and Young and the Restless.

The whole series has been about the conflict between pagan gods and "God/Allah" so I thought it was rather fitting to have the poster. The series is still amazing (sans elements of season 3 and that abortion Razor [though an asian girl with a british accent has been a dream of mine....])

I think the poster itself serves to say "We put to much damn importance in religion" if people are getting all bent out of shape about it. Maybe we should just accept that we have no idea what happens when we die. I have.

#120573  by RentCavalier
 Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:54 pm
Um...what poster is this?

#120576  by Tessian
 Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:32 pm

And that's just the thing Barret, I hate organized religion... so I don't understand it myself, but I still think it's dickish of them.

#120578  by Ishamael
 Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:33 pm
You can say that again. WOW.

#120579  by RentCavalier
 Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:47 am
Aw, hell, that looks pretty sick! ^_^

I dunno what ya'll's upset about, that's a cool promo. Which one is Judas?

#120580  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:57 am
RentCavalier wrote:Aw, hell, that looks pretty sick! ^_^

Baltar probably.

#120583  by Zeus
 Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:46 pm
Tessian wrote:[troll]

I lost interest in "General Hospital in Space" after season 1. I love character development but when it amounts to 80% of an episode you're boring me. It seriously is just a space soap drama... it just has a bigger budget and fewer episodes every week.

[/troll]
Offends you? It's freakin' brilliant considering the storyline and tone of the show. They're not being pretentious or anything, the mixing of religion and politics has always been a central theme in the show. That's all they're doin' here, a pun on the Last Supper based on the first three years' storyline of the show.

One of the best promos I've seen in years. It's extremely well done

#120589  by Ishamael
 Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:27 pm
So it seems like Tory has come to terms with her Cylon nature. I think Tyrol could be the next. But the real question is what does that mean exactly? It's not like they're actively in contact with the main force of Cylons or anything. And where are others amongst their models hidden?

#120591  by Zeus
 Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:51 pm
Ishamael wrote:So it seems like Tory has come to terms with her Cylon nature. I think Tyrol could be the next. But the real question is what does that mean exactly? It's not like they're actively in contact with the main force of Cylons or anything. And where are others amongst their models hidden?
I'm pretty certain they mentioned in Season 2 that they were unique models, not mass reproduced ones.

I'm interested to see the outcome of the battle at the end there myself

#120594  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:39 pm
Ishamael wrote:So it seems like Tory has come to terms with her Cylon nature. I think Tyrol could be the next. But the real question is what does that mean exactly? It's not like they're actively in contact with the main force of Cylons or anything. And where are others amongst their models hidden?
Tory takes the same elements of 6 early on in season one.

I'd still like to give her my rod.

#120597  by Ishamael
 Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:05 pm
Zeus wrote:
I'm pretty certain they mentioned in Season 2 that they were unique models, not mass reproduced ones.
Really? I'd love to see a citation on that.

#120599  by Zeus
 Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:18 am
Ishamael wrote:
Zeus wrote:
I'm going off of memory. It would have been the episode where Xena had her vision of the remaining 5. That's why they're kinda like the forgotten ones, the ones the other cylons don't talk about.

#120608  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:51 am
Zeus wrote:
Ishamael wrote:
Zeus wrote:
I'm going off of memory. It would have been the episode where Xena had her vision of the remaining 5. That's why they're kinda like the forgotten ones, the ones the other cylons don't talk about.
That's also re-affirmed when Scott Bacula's assistant from Quantum Leap started talking about how it was against their programing to think about the other five thus getting scalpel crazy on the raiders and centurions.

#120648  by Ishamael
 Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:25 am
Barret wrote:
Zeus wrote:
Ishamael wrote: Really? I'd love to see a citation on that.
That's also re-affirmed when Scott Bacula's assistant from Quantum Leap started talking about how it was against their programing to think about the other five thus getting scalpel crazy on the raiders and centurions.
What does that have to do with them being mass produced (or not)? Me confused...

#120652  by SineSwiper
 Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:59 am
Barret wrote:
RentCavalier wrote:Aw, hell, that looks pretty sick! ^_^

Baltar probably.
No, Baltar is Jesus, obviously. I think Tory will end up being Judas.

#120669  by Zeus
 Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:46 pm
Ishamael wrote:
Barret wrote:
Zeus wrote: I'm going off of memory. It would have been the episode where Xena had her vision of the remaining 5. That's why they're kinda like the forgotten ones, the ones the other cylons don't talk about.
What does that have to do with them being mass produced (or not)? Me confused...
They were the original models, experimental or something. Unique to infiltrate the humans. For reasons that haven't been explained, it's a forbidden topic amongst the Cylons. We should find out this year why

#120670  by Blotus
 Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:57 pm
The Wiki entry

In the episode "Torn," Gaius Baltar questions Number Six as to why only seven humanoid models appeared on New Caprica and why he has seen only these same seven aboard the Basestar when she had told him previously that there were twelve models. Six replies that the Cylons do not talk about the other five models. Baltar, who has become worried that he may in fact be a Cylon himself, presses her on whether they would recognize one of the "final five." Their conversation ends abruptly, leaving the truth of the other models unknown.

In the episode "Hero," Number Three has a dream immediately after she dies, where she sees five glowing figures. Later, in the episode "The Passage," she tries to hold on to the memory of their faces and draws pictures of them soon after downloading, but the memories fade and the drawings are too surrealistic to be of practical use. It's clear that she does not consciously know what the final five look like. In the episode "Rapture," D'Anna and Baltar reach the Eye of Jupiter and D'Anna receives a vision of the final five. She seems to recognize one of them, but the vision is cut short before we see any detail of the figures. The shock kills her and upon awakening after downloading, she mentions her experience to Cavil. He confirms that the other seven Cylons do not know who the final five are and that the pursuit of that information is strictly forbidden by their programming. As punishment for this and for other acts, Cavil then terminates her and her entire line is "boxed", taking the secret of the final five with her.

In "Crossroads," four of the final five Cylons are revealed. Samuel T. Anders, Galen Tyrol, Tory Foster, and Saul Tigh begin hearing the same hallucinatory music that no one else can perceive (A version of "All Along the Watchtower" written by Bob Dylan). When the music draws them towards each other, a "switch goes off" in their minds and they realize that they are all Cylons. They resolve, nevertheless, to continue doing their duty as part of the fleet. Their "awakening" seems to affect other Cylons as in the episode "He That Believeth In Me," a Cylon Raider scans Anders then disengages the attack while on Galactica, Caprica Six tells Roslin that she can feel the final five and that they are near. It is later revealed in "Six of One" that the Twos, Sixes and Eights believe that the Raiders called off the attack because they sensed the final five, something the other models disagree with. Cavil further confirms that their original programmers programmed the seven Cylon models not to seek that information out.

Ronald D. Moore confirmed in an interview that the four are indeed full Cylons — however, "fundamentally different."

No mention of there only being one each of the final five models. I don't remember hearing that anywhere else.

#120679  by RentCavalier
 Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:46 pm
Hmm...

It's interesting. You know what's sad? I'm at the point where I almost prefer to read summaries on episodes or shows than actually watching the shows themselves. Isn't that sad?

#120683  by SineSwiper
 Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:45 pm
Yes, that is sad, because it's a fucking great show.

#121453  by Blotus
 Mon May 05, 2008 11:27 am
I'm really digging this season so far.

#121462  by Zeus
 Mon May 05, 2008 2:02 pm
Black Lotus wrote:I'm really digging this season so far.
It's getting there but they need to take care of the current Starbuck part