The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• lmfao....Naruto filler!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #120935  by Eric
 Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:47 pm
That's right, the crap at the end of Naruto 56 was filler, and it looks like they're starting a filler arc. That's fucking amazing, the anime isn't even close to the manga on any level, and they're doing filler.

#120936  by Zeus
 Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:07 pm
Yeah, heard about this. Fucksticks. Not only are they stretching it by doing one chapter per ep to ensure they don't catch up to the manga and having us watch a stare-fest for over half of each episode, they actually decided "let's milk this fucker even more by putting in filler that serves zero purpose". They're killing the show completely

I may have to start my re-editing project sooner rather than later

#120939  by Tessian
 Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:34 pm
I stopped watching Naruto a LOOONG time ago. I gave Shipuuden a chance, but once it was obvious that the 2 battles were going to take 10 episodes to complete I stopped bothering. You guys have made enough threads about Naruto filler that it's obviously not worth my time.

I've stuck with Bleach and Code Geass for now :P

#120942  by RentCavalier
 Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:53 pm
See, it seems to me that the Japanese have no solid concept of how to stage a GOOD fight scene.

The best fights are short and intense--perhaps even shocking or surprising. Eastern Promises has a relatively short but brutally intense and vicious fight in its last thirty minutes, and it's a fucking amazing part.

Here, though, thanks to filler and the like, Japanese anime seems to have developed a trend of having long, overly drawn out fights, full of spectacular attacks that (until the end) serve almost no purpose whatsoever.

#120947  by Eric
 Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:38 pm
Tessian wrote:I stopped watching Naruto a LOOONG time ago. I gave Shipuuden a chance, but once it was obvious that the 2 battles were going to take 10 episodes to complete I stopped bothering. You guys have made enough threads about Naruto filler that it's obviously not worth my time.

I've stuck with Bleach and Code Geass for now :P
How are you enjoying Code Geass? (Derailing my own shit!)

I'm fairly sure Bleach is on filler at the moment....

#120948  by Tessian
 Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:09 pm
Eric wrote:
How are you enjoying Code Geass? (Derailing my own shit!)

I'm fairly sure Bleach is on filler at the moment....
Loving it still; just watched episode 18. Damn awesome plot.

Bleach isn't on filler yet I don't think... I am about 4-6 episodes behind and it was still in the main arc.

#120958  by Don
 Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:51 pm
I think the manga is just a giant filler too.

Bleach is pretty bleh at the moment too. This whole flashback/side track arc will probably go on at least 10 parts I'm guessing.

#120966  by Zeus
 Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:28 pm
Eric wrote:I'm fairly sure Bleach is on filler at the moment....
168 was definitely filler. It was quite slow

#120976  by SineSwiper
 Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:18 pm
So, why are people watching Naruto then? It just seems suicidal to expect the show to continue on this tangent. As if Naruto is so untouchable that nobody would consider not watching it. Shows like this go on like this, but other great shows get cut after only one or two seasons.

#120993  by Zeus
 Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:37 pm
SineSwiper wrote:So, why are people watching Naruto then? It just seems suicidal to expect the show to continue on this tangent. As if Naruto is so untouchable that nobody would consider not watching it. Shows like this go on like this, but other great shows get cut after only one or two seasons.
I watch it with my cuz every Friday night. It's like a comfy routine now and we can tolerate it for 20 minutes at a time

Actually, eps 55 and 56 moved at the old pace, I was shocked. Maybe not manga-speed but it definitely did not feel like it dragged you through the mud like the others before it with their staring contests (Sasuke: "I made you blink after 10 minutes Naruto, I win"). I did notice the interlacing of a filler sub-arc but if it keeps up at this speed, I'll be very happy.

#121003  by Eric
 Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Zeus wrote:
Eric wrote:I'm fairly sure Bleach is on filler at the moment....
168 was definitely filler. It was quite slow
Yeah the Anime was like, literally right behind the Manga, by single digit chapters even. And now the manga is in this filler/flashback mode.

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episode ... e11db30028

Code Geass in English for those interested, should be coming on Adult Swim.

#121008  by Tessian
 Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:22 am
Eric wrote: Code Geass in English for those interested, should be coming on Adult Swim.
I was JUST about to post this-- I was shocked to find episode 1 of Code Geass was on Adult Swim tonight @ 1:30am

#121315  by Zeus
 Fri May 02, 2008 2:28 pm
FYI, Naruto Shippuuden movie is out now

#121316  by RentCavalier
 Fri May 02, 2008 2:30 pm
Zeus wrote:FYI, Naruto Shippuuden movie is out now
This is truly the greatest of all days. My life is now complete forever and ever and ever.

#121321  by M'k'n'zy
 Fri May 02, 2008 4:49 pm
I am really enjoying the Bleach flashback bit that is going right now. It's really interesting to me, espicaly sience I didn't realize that the Vizard members were former high ranking shinigami. I knew they were shinigami at one point, but captian/vice captain class? That I didn't expect.

#121605  by Eric
 Fri May 09, 2008 5:27 am
You know it's sad, but I actually like this filler, simply because it's infinitely better paced then the normal stuff -_-

#121620  by Don
 Fri May 09, 2008 1:35 pm
Naruto manga is getting to a point where if you get an early info that alleges anything of importance happened this week, you know it's fake because everyone knows nothing actually happens in Naruto manga.

#121636  by Zeus
 Fri May 09, 2008 5:16 pm
Don Wang wrote:Naruto manga is getting to a point where if you get an early info that alleges anything of importance happened this week, you know it's fake because everyone knows nothing actually happens in Naruto manga.
Sounds like the anime

#121640  by Eric
 Fri May 09, 2008 5:56 pm
Don Wang wrote:Naruto manga is getting to a point where if you get an early info that alleges anything of importance happened this week, you know it's fake because everyone knows nothing actually happens in Naruto manga.
I'm personally enjoying the history of the Uchiha clan, and Itachi's reasons for betrayal. Speak for yourself!

#121642  by Don
 Fri May 09, 2008 6:03 pm
Problem is it's not much of a twist when 9 out of 10 guys saw it coming, and that's 9 out of 10 guys who thinks Itachi is the greatest thing since sliced bread.