The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Top 20 Worst Comic Book movies

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #120007  by SineSwiper
 Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:56 am
Good reading

EDIT: Some of my favs:

CATWOMAN (2004)
Halle Berry followed up her historic Oscar-winning turn in Monster's Ball with a Razzie-winning role as the agile, pleather-clad heroine in this abomination of a film. Major props to Berry, though, for actually showing up at the Razzies ceremony to accept her award and deliver a rousing speech that included the brutally honest line: ''I want to thank Warner Bros. for casting me in this piece-of-s--t, god-awful movie.'' We agree. —Kate Ward
----
BATMAN & ROBIN (1997)
There are nipples on the Batsuit. Nipples. On. The. Bat. Suit. —Marc Bernardin

#120017  by RentCavalier
 Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:59 pm
I liked Judge Dredd.

I'm not proud of it. But I did.

#120702  by EsquE
 Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:20 am
I really, really liked The Shadow. Don't think it quite belongs in the worst or best categories. Seriously, next to Catwoman or Barb Wire it's pretty damn good.

And really, who didn't love Howard the Duck? Makes those Star Wars prequels sucking not quite so shocking...

#121042  by kali o.
 Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:22 pm
The Shadow: This is like the movie where his diguise is a bigger nose and a mask and he has hypno-powers right? And he fought some Ghengis Khan type fella. Heh, I remember this flick vaguely...I liked it but it was pretty stupid.

The Phantom: You know, I never saw this - but Billy Zane is in it, which means I should rent it.

Daredevil: This wasn't bad...I mean, it was bad...but if you replaced the entire cast (besides Garner) with other people, it probably coulda been good.

Tank Girl: Rocked. This shouldn't be on the list. Dumbasses.

Judge Dredd: I liked this (in the same way I like Demolition Man). I don't remember the name of the guy that played his "brother", but I like him.

#121076  by Chris
 Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:13 pm
it's funny....daredevil was a terrible movie......daredevil the directors cut.....was actually a pretty good movie

#121107  by SineSwiper
 Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:46 am
kali o. wrote:Tank Girl: Rocked. This shouldn't be on the list. Dumbasses.
It rocked in that it was horrible. Couldn't even stay with the source material, and they even admit to this fact in the comic scenes interlaced with the movie. (For example, the villain didn't have that stupid VR head, and they just up an admit to that by showing comic frames without it.)

To top it all off, they run out of money and just put some comic ending on the thing. It was really anti-climatic. Low budget to the max and just doesn't make sense as a live-action movie.

#121340  by kali o.
 Fri May 02, 2008 10:30 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
kali o. wrote:Tank Girl: Rocked. This shouldn't be on the list. Dumbasses.
It rocked in that it was horrible. Couldn't even stay with the source material, and they even admit to this fact in the comic scenes interlaced with the movie. (For example, the villain didn't have that stupid VR head, and they just up an admit to that by showing comic frames without it.)

To top it all off, they run out of money and just put some comic ending on the thing. It was really anti-climatic. Low budget to the max and just doesn't make sense as a live-action movie.
You are lame.

Lame-o.

#121352  by SineSwiper
 Sat May 03, 2008 4:47 am
Well, it's like calling Hackers a great movie. Granted, it had that "so bad it's good" quality to it, but by no definition is it a "great" or even "good" movie. To put it into the top 20 worse comic movies is still appropriate.

19 Best Comic Book Movies; also a good read. Though, I really disagree with Blade II on that one. (The IDEA of the movie was great, but the execution...) And Ghost World?? Didn't somebody talk about how terrible that movie was?

#121364  by EsquE
 Sat May 03, 2008 12:05 pm
Kudos to them for putting Akira and Ghost in the Shell on the list...as well as From Hell (love that movie and novel...is Watchmen still being made?). For as much as Alan Moore hates Hollywood, he sure makes them a lot of money. V for Vendetta should be on the list just for Natalie Portman in that one outfit...yowza!!

And also kudos for forgetting Spiderman 3, that piece of crap movie. Toby Mcguire better be gone if there's a spidey 4...no more emo spiderman. Has his mask off more than he has it on...that movie just made me angry.

I still need to see Oldboy. I think these lists try to hard to be ecelctic sometimes though.

#121370  by SineSwiper
 Sat May 03, 2008 1:30 pm
Yes, you do need to see Oldboy.

I was surprised how many movies listed where really the type that you never thought were comics. Did not know that A History of Violence was one, nor Oldboy, nor From Hell.

I have to question a lot of these choices. Granted, I like the manga representation (though the GitS series does 10x better than the movie), but Superman 2 shouldn't even be on there. I guess nobody remembers the pure cheese of the villians, or that stupid thrown S trap. (Talk about making up powers...)

Also, no mention of 300 or Sin City at all, which is a travesty. Give Frank Miller some props!

#121371  by Chris
 Sat May 03, 2008 1:35 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Yes, you do need to see Oldboy.

I was surprised how many movies listed where really the type that you never thought were comics. Did not know that A History of Violence was one, nor Oldboy, nor From Hell.

I have to question a lot of these choices. Granted, I like the manga representation (though the GitS series does 10x better than the movie), but Superman 2 shouldn't even be on there. I guess nobody remembers the pure cheese of the villians, or that stupid thrown S trap. (Talk about making up powers...)

Also, no mention of 300 or Sin City at all, which is a travesty. Give Frank Miller some props!
no....don't give frank miller props. because everything else on that list was better. only problem though.....I'm pretty sure oldboy was a movie before the book came......maybe DOn could help out on this. but I saw old boy long before the book started coming....

#121374  by SineSwiper
 Sat May 03, 2008 1:56 pm
Oh come on. Those two movies were better than half the movies on that list.

#121387  by Flip
 Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 pm
I think i saw Oldboy and liked it... Japanese subtitles that was everything Eyes Wide Shut should have been?

#121398  by SineSwiper
 Sat May 03, 2008 7:23 pm
Flip wrote:I think i saw Oldboy and liked it... Japanese subtitles that was everything Eyes Wide Shut should have been?
I can't believe you compared the two.