The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Sign the petition...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #121572  by Imakeholesinu
 Thu May 08, 2008 2:26 pm

#121574  by Lox
 Thu May 08, 2008 3:17 pm
I'd sign that without the free gum!

#121577  by Shellie
 Thu May 08, 2008 3:25 pm
I signed that a couple weeks ago ;)

#121578  by kali o.
 Thu May 08, 2008 4:35 pm
Poor Uwe...

It's not like anything he directs would EVER be grabbed by anyone else (come on...postal?), so who is he really hurting?

Besides, anyone that enters the ring to beat the shit out of snot-nosed internet critics can't ever be all bad.

#121588  by Zeus
 Thu May 08, 2008 5:45 pm
kali o. wrote:Poor Uwe...

It's not like anything he directs would EVER be grabbed by anyone else (come on...postal?), so who is he really hurting?

Besides, anyone that enters the ring to beat the shit out of snot-nosed internet critics can't ever be all bad.
He doesn't sound like a bad person, per se, but his movies are fucking horrible. Did you see In The Name of the King? I can't believe a cast like that got duped into making drudge that brutal. It's not like the movies he makes are even bad, they're putrid

#121592  by Kupek
 Thu May 08, 2008 6:13 pm
I almost wanted to because of Leelee Sobieski.

Almost.

She's underappreciated hotness (http://reviews.starseeker.com/wp-conten ... ieski1.jpg), but still not enough to sit through a movie I know is going to be painful.

#121595  by Eric
 Thu May 08, 2008 7:04 pm
Uwe is an asshat.

Read his blog or interviews, he thinks that he's god's gift to directing. He even went as far to bash Harrison Ford in hopes that the publicity would help people go see his horrible "Postal" movie. Uwe Boll is garbage, and none of you should be defending him.

#121607  by Zeus
 Fri May 09, 2008 8:58 am
Kupek wrote:I almost wanted to because of Leelee Sobieski.

Almost.

She's underappreciated hotness (http://reviews.starseeker.com/wp-conten ... ieski1.jpg), but still not enough to sit through a movie I know is going to be painful.
Man, you don't know how brutal it is. That cast is pretty freakin' solid too. Uwe's real problem is he has NO idea how to pace a film. It's not so much the writing, acting, or directing, it's more the pacing. It's so bad it's incredible. It's actually interesting in a way to see just how you can screw up a movie so bad with such a good cast

Leelee is pretty good looking but not 'really hot' or anything

#121612  by Julius Seeker
 Fri May 09, 2008 10:17 am
Eric wrote:Uwe is an asshat.

Read his blog or interviews, he thinks that he's god's gift to directing. He even went as far to bash Harrison Ford in hopes that the publicity would help people go see his horrible "Postal" movie. Uwe Boll is garbage, and none of you should be defending him.
He beat up nerds, I like that much about him. As a director? I don't think I would ever watch any of his movies even if they were directed by Spielberg or Scorsese; so it's a non-issue for me.
 #165273  by kali o.
 Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:10 am
Here is a random bump...and an admission. I was wrong. Eric was right.

Uwe Boll is bat shit crazy in real life. He is a walking headache to anyone unfortunate enough to work with him. I can't say why or how I know this tool...but holy shit...fucking knob.