The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Dead Snow

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#129738  by Flip
 Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:10 pm
Nein! Dieser Film wird stinken!

#129742  by SineSwiper
 Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:50 pm
Well, it's got titties, so I guess people are going to see it just for that. Otherwise, it looks pretty bad. People need to quit using zombies as a theme for everything. There's enough zombie games like Dead Rising, or Left 4 Dead, or Resident Evil, and really it's gotten so cliched that it's just not worth exploring any more.

#129743  by RentCavalier
 Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:58 pm
Looks pretty funny.

#129744  by Zeus
 Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:15 pm
An official Sundance selection, huh? This type of premise could be really bad or a pretty neat take on the whole zombie genre (particularly when you considering the Nazis' history with the occult; heck, there are Nazi zombies in Call of Duty 5). I'll give Redford and Co a little credit and at least check this one out in a download.

Don't take the trailer too literally. It was done American-style for the indie circuit and for different types of films, that style doesn't necessarily work well. Look at what happened to Solaris and The Princess Bride with their awful trailers

#129758  by SineSwiper
 Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:07 am
Nazi zombies in Call of Duty 5? Sounds like shark jumping to me.

#129761  by Anarky
 Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:25 am
You know I just posted this as a joke really, someone from work sent me this and I LOL'd at Nazi zombies.

and its not CoD5 it s world at war, CoD5 will be a separate title supposedly.

#129762  by Zeus
 Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:14 am
Anarky wrote:You know I just posted this as a joke really, someone from work sent me this and I LOL'd at Nazi zombies.

and its not CoD5 it s world at war, CoD5 will be a separate title supposedly.

They've officially announced that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is coming next Xmas. They've all but officially dropped the numbering system. That was just me using a shorthand 'cause I didn't want to type "World at War"

#129763  by Zeus
 Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:17 am
SineSwiper wrote:Nazi zombies in Call of Duty 5? Sounds like shark jumping to me.
Game's getting great reviews and as I mentioned above, there is SOME history with Nazi's and that kind of stuff. So it's not quite shark jumping. I believe it's also limited to multi only.

Besides, the Call of Duty series is as popular as ever (seems that most prefer the Modern Warfare over World War stuff, but World at War is still selling quite well) so there's no reason for them to go radical....yet

#129818  by Mully
 Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:06 am
Zeus wrote:An official Sundance selection, huh? This type of premise could be really bad or a pretty neat take on the whole zombie genre (particularly when you considering the Nazis' history with the occult; heck, there are Nazi zombies in Call of Duty 5). I'll give Redford and Co a little credit and at least check this one out in a download.

Don't take the trailer too literally. It was done American-style for the indie circuit and for different types of films, that style doesn't necessarily work well. Look at what happened to Solaris and The Princess Bride with their awful trailers
Who said it was official? LOL. The youtube video? Check Sundance. I don't see it on their official competition list.