The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Shoot 'em Up 2.....I mean Punisher War Zone.....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #130152  by Chris
 Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:36 pm
it's ridicuouls. it's over the top. it's a fucking cartoon. if you go in expecting serious....you'll be mad.....if you go in wanting to have fun watching the punisher kill poeple in increasingly ridiculous ways.....you'll love it. turn your brain off.....it was fun. it's how the punisher should be...it's an over the top retarded grindhouse flick....slasher film levels of blood from every would, exploding parkour artists, head punches of doom....WHEEE! It's pretty much reading Garth Eniis' Welcome back Frank Castle story....whcih was retardedly awesome....just like the movie....it's fucking retarded but fun

#130153  by Anarky
 Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 pm
Hey I loved Shot Um Up, so I now have to see this movie. Thanks for the heads up

#130157  by Zeus
 Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:50 pm
Mmm, Monica Bellucci.......

#130168  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:44 am
I wanna see Titus Pullo kick ass once again... This time with guns.

#130169  by Mully
 Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:35 am
Zeus wrote:Mmm, Monica Bellucci.......
I second this notion.

#130175  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:45 am
Mully wrote:
I second this notion.
As do I.

#130183  by Flip
 Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:51 pm
Imakeholesinu wrote:
Mully wrote:
I second this notion.
As do I.
You cant have two 2nd's... you third the notion and you better like it....

#130186  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:10 pm
Flip wrote:
Imakeholesinu wrote:
Mully wrote: I second this notion.
As do I.
You cant have two 2nd's... you third the notion and you better like it....
I can take this thread to so many different places....

#130188  by RentCavalier
 Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:18 pm
Legend of The Seeker wrote:I wanna see Titus Pullo kick ass once again... This time with guns.
I second this notion.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

#130214  by SineSwiper
 Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:47 pm
RentCavalier wrote:
Legend of The Seeker wrote:I wanna see Titus Pullo kick ass once again... This time with guns.
I second this notion.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
KINNNNNNG COMBO!
Chris wrote:it's ridicuouls. it's over the top. it's a fucking cartoon. if you go in expecting serious....you'll be mad.....if you go in wanting to have fun watching the punisher kill poeple in increasingly ridiculous ways.....you'll love it. turn your brain off.....it was fun. it's how the punisher should be...it's an over the top retarded grindhouse flick....slasher film levels of blood from every would, exploding parkour artists, head punches of doom....WHEEE! It's pretty much reading Garth Eniis' Welcome back Frank Castle story....whcih was retardedly awesome....just like the movie....it's fucking retarded but fun
That's kinda what I gathered from what little preview they show on TV. And that's kinda why I'm disappointed. Fine, the Punisher is about vigilante justice, with lots of blood and punishment.

But, I really liked the first movie. Here was a Punisher that was both intelligent and still capable of cruelity. By the end of the movie, he makes the villain feel like shit before he drags him out into an explosion. It was a cruel setup that rivaled Cartman's chili episode.

I don't really see this with what I've seen so far, and this review confirms it. It's a shame that they keep changing Punisher actors, and it looks like they are falling back to the Dolph Lundgren version.

#130216  by Chris
 Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:25 pm
No they aren't going back to dolph. they kind of did this right. Punisher has always been a grindhouse flick in comic book form....and this.....it's a grindhouse flick in movie form....it's unapologetically filled with what the fuck did I just see that levels of violence....

It's fun as hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NBtxMpwRGU

I think Patton Oswalt puts it a lot better than I do...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 981&page=0