The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Sci Fi Channel orders 'Battlestar' prequel 'Caprica'

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #130413  by Louis
 Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:00 pm
<a href="http://www.thrfeed.com/2008/12/caprica-series.html">Sci Fi Channel orders 'Battlestar' prequel 'Caprica'</a>

Battlestar Galatica is one of the few shows I followed in the past several years. Really, the only other two are Stargate Atlantis and Doctor Who. And I don't exactly go out of my way to watch them. I'm more of an educational channel flipper at this point if I watch TV. Last night was a six pack of beer and a Jesus mini-series on Discovery HD.

This spin-off will provide more background to the Battlestar Galatica story. Any other Battlestar Galatica fans?

#130419  by SineSwiper
 Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:23 pm
Definitely plenty of fans here. When is the last of the series coming out?

#130425  by Louis
 Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:40 pm
The last episodes begin 16 January 2009.

#130428  by Zeus
 Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:57 pm
Yeah, I think 24 and Battlestar start up the same weekend.

I'm actually happy they're ending Galactica. Season 3 had a good 8 filler-quality eps in it. Almost like they didn't know what to do with the show for the full 20 eps. Season 4 was a bit better to start and now that they've only got 10 eps, I'm hoping they return to the quality of the first two seasons. I would hate for it to end on a whimper Sopranos-style

Unless they really piss me off with the ending of Galactica, I'll give Caprica a chance at least.

#130479  by SineSwiper
 Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:26 pm
Zeus wrote:I'm actually happy they're ending Galactica. Season 3 had a good 8 filler-quality eps in it. Almost like they didn't know what to do with the show for the full 20 eps.
Well, methinks that they kinda brought themselves into that hole with the planet colonization, and they needed to dig themselves out of it when Season 3 came up. Of course, this left them with a lot of history to talk about as character development, and it would be wrong of them to completely forget those few years that we didn't get to see.

That would be something that Heroes would do, and they are better than that. Besides, I like good character development. That one of the main reasons why BG is so damn good.