The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Heroes - Season 4

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #132235  by SineSwiper
 Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:35 am
Anybody watching it? Not a bad start, and everybody seems to be not so braindead this time.

First time that I'm actually rooting for Sylar. Kick ass Sylar! He's actually more interesting this season than last. He's still evil and power-hungry, but he doesn't strike me as a completely blood-thirsty psychopath.
 #132243  by Eric
 Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:11 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Anybody watching it? Not a bad start, and everybody seems to be not so braindead this time.

First time that I'm actually rooting for Sylar. Kick ass Sylar! He's actually more interesting this season than last. He's still evil and power-hungry, but he doesn't strike me as a completely blood-thirsty psychopath.
I watch the show for Sylar.

I was just happy to see it didn't start off with somebody finding out the future is fubar. :P

#132257  by Zeus
 Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:48 pm
BTW, it's Volume 4 but still Season 3

They're almost resetting so I'm on a bit of a wait-and-see attitude. It's nice they're trying to put a lot of the convoluted shit behind them but let's see what they do with it.

Up here in Canada, Global has the rights to both this and 24. So Heroes doesn't actually air until 10pm up here. Mondays are gonna be a decent TV watching night with Terminator, 24, and Heroes back-to-back-to-back
 #132262  by SineSwiper
 Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:18 pm
Eric wrote:I was just happy to see it didn't start off with somebody finding out the future is fubar. :P
I was getting a little worried when Matt was drawing shit (WTF?), but then he got captured. I'm sure they'll never mention that again, just like they always do.

Speaking of which, The Goat has an excellent timeline of the entire three seasons. It's is really long, but funny, as the contradictions are numerous. Also, a good review of last episode.

#132765  by Anarky
 Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:08 pm
I have to say this volume is MUCH MUCH better. Just hope it stays that way

...well with the exception of Claires overacting and facial expressions

#132766  by Shellie
 Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:22 pm
Agreed. I think I like this one so far better than the first. I'm glad I stuck it out and kept watching.

#132773  by Zeus
 Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm
Yeah, it seems like they're picking it up a bit again. Having the whole Nate and the gov't hunting everyone down thing is giving it the continuity it needs. But man, they gotta give Hiro and Claire a rest. WAAAAAAAY too much Claire in the last ep

#132781  by Lox
 Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:39 pm
I've finally watched the first 2 episodes and I was pleased. The show actually seems to make sense and have some flow to it. And they used Matt in a cool way finally! I hope it stays like this.

#132841  by SineSwiper
 Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 pm
Matt's power was always cool, even if his character is a little too goody-two-shoes. Actually, I'm not big on him getting this artist power for NO REASON AT ALL.

And Hiro just needs to die. He was fairly interesting when he had a power (Season 1 and maybe 2), and now he's extremely annoying.

#132865  by Lox
 Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:53 am
SineSwiper wrote:Matt's power was always cool, even if his character is a little too goody-two-shoes. Actually, I'm not big on him getting this artist power for NO REASON AT ALL.

And Hiro just needs to die. He was fairly interesting when he had a power (Season 1 and maybe 2), and now he's extremely annoying.
I actually agree with you on both points. We can agree on some things apparently. :) Hiro keeps going on and on about all this destiny crap. He's been doing it since Season 1 and it's gotten old. Everyone else seems to understand the severity of their situation yet Hiro wants Ando to wear spandex and fight crime. I honestly think Hiro's mentally challenged a bit.

#133503  by Mully
 Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:40 pm
I also like where heroes is going. Finally leaving me with "i can't wait til next week."

#133589  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:31 pm
Sylar is still the most interesting character in the series. I hope he kicks ass better than Jason Bourne.

#133608  by Mully
 Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:12 am
I think the REBEL may be Micah. REBEL has only been communicating through electronic means and has access to EVERYTHING that has a transistor.

#133611  by Zeus
 Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 am
Mully wrote:I think the REBEL may be Micah. REBEL has only been communicating through electronic means and has access to EVERYTHING that has a transistor.
I thought that might be it too, but considering what he's telling everyone, I would be more inclined to thinking that it's Micah involved with a group.

They saved Sylar's character with this secondary storyline in Volume 4. He was getting very stale, very quickly.

THIS UPCOMING PART IS A SPOILER ON THE VERY END OF THE LAST EP

I hope to hell Sylar takes care of the dude who outed Nathan before he spreads the word and we get to see Nathan involved with the gov't thing for a while longer. I'm worried about them doing the whole Nathan-turns-to-the-other-side thing.

#133645  by SineSwiper
 Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:59 am
Yeah, I was definitely thinking Micah, too. And ultimately, Nathan has always been a good guy, but now he's dancing in the grey area. Noah and Nathan are becoming more and more alike, which I think is a good thing. Noah has always been an interesting character, as long as they still focus on what he believes in.

#133930  by SineSwiper
 Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:25 pm
And yet nobody seems to have a problem with Big Bang Theory?

#135710  by Shrinweck
 Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:08 am
Wow. Volume four didn't suck and I actually enjoyed most of the ending. Okay, they've got me for another season.

#135711  by Eric
 Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:10 am
Heroes fucking nabs you with those previews of the next volume.

The end of Volume 4 gave me shivers. lol.

#135716  by SineSwiper
 Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:39 am
Man, that was a fucked up way to end the season. I guess the next season will be this internal battle with Nathan.

#135726  by Shrinweck
 Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:39 pm
I'm liking what they're doing with Hiro by limiting his power, but he's my favorite character and if he's practically useless for most of another volume then I'm going to be tempted to stop watching.

#135737  by SineSwiper
 Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:21 pm
Shrinweck wrote:I'm liking what they're doing with Hiro by limiting his power, but he's my favorite character and if he's practically useless for most of another volume then I'm going to be tempted to stop watching.
He's not my favorite. In a lot of cases, he's pretty boring and predictable, but at least he's good comedy relief sometimes. Most of the time, though, he's really annoying with that stupid destiny crap.

Also: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04 ... inale.html