The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Finally. A movie that fits with what they want to do....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #133072  by Chris
 Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:29 pm
Warner wants to go in a darker direction with all of their film properties? Well they finally picked one that worked when it comes to DC. You don't get much darker than http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... 1&nid=2562

THE FREAKING SUICIDE SQUAD![/quote]

#133084  by Chris
 Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:45 am
Suicide Squad. Government organization for supervillains. Get busted. Serve your country going on suicide missions and after enough missions you earn release on parole. In a way it's part of how they explain the revolving door on prisons for supervillains everytime they randomly pop in after they've been arrested amazing book when it was first done.

Plus who wouldn't love a movie that focused on classic villains working s a team to kill things even more evil.

#133098  by Sassafras
 Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:22 pm
That sounds amazing. Who do you think will be part of the lineup of supervillains?

#133099  by Chris
 Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:32 pm
Sassafras wrote:That sounds amazing. Who do you think will be part of the lineup of supervillains?
Well Deadshot and Captain Boomerang are totally necessary. As is Rick Flag. other than that though you can rtate out just about anything. But my guess is tat the primary characters will be the team from the Justice League Unlimited episode with Deadshot, Boomerang, Plastique, and Rick Flagg.

#133100  by RentCavalier
 Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:56 pm
That sounds awesome.

Though those aren't exactly well-known villains. Comic Book movies succeed mostly based on recognizability--throwing in a great franchise with unknown characters is pretty damn risky.

Also, aren't these guys "villains"? Like, bad guys? Or are they just "anti-heroes"? Because if I'm gonna go see a movie starring a super-villain, I'm gonna want him to be an evil motherfucker.