The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• even more manga

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #134810  by Don
 Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:30 pm
There's a new New Prince of Tennis, and Prince of Tennis always worthy of an update by itself.

This month of NPOT is actually pretty weak, but I'm sure it's just getting warmed up. NPOT also quickly shows ES21 is nothing compared to the craziness that is NPOT. In the second part we got Ryoma making a serve, have the ball bounce up and knock a guy into the air like a dragon punch, with the guy landing and coughing up blood from the impact. Now, if you followed POT, you know this is like absolutely nothing, but still we have our first bloodshed at chapter 2 and like I said, it's probably just getting warmed up. Bloodthirsty readers like me is still waiting for the first person to be killed by a tennis ball.

In Chapter 3, we are reminded that there are 108 levels of the Hadoball. Gin used level 6 and it sent a guy flying while coughing up blood. Of course you got to remember that level 108+ Hadoball power level would require the crowd to evacuate the playing field if they don't want to die. One of the comment I saw is that the crowd in POT must be really brave guys when it's pretty obvious a stray tennis ball could kill you an ordinary person. At the end we saw some of the new guys who can apparently kill with thought just like Yukimura can. Remember in the immortal words of POT: Tennis is a martial arts event that's separated by a net.

Other stuff...

Street Fighter V, also known as Street Fighter IV (gogo Chinese sites accuracy) - I'm not really sure how these guys in Hong Kong got permission to draw anything related to the Capcom franchise. Maybe they don't, but they say they got permission. So far there isn't anything like Bison is Chun Li's father or anything crazy like that, but this is Hong Kong we're talking about.

One Piece - Assuming the info is correct, it looks like the real stuff is about 3 months behind the fake. Now it's turning out everybody was once Dragon's friend which is why Luffy is so special. I've said all the way back in the Celestial incident that when they talk about how if you punch a Celestial it's going to cause a huge incident, Luffy should remind everyone that is he is the son of Dragon, the most dangerous man in the world, and his death might lead to a world war. It seems like the author finally realized that having Luffy really is just acting like a spoiled brat doing whatever he feels like doing, and that he actually has the political backing to do it, so might as well make use of it.

Honestly all along you really should expect Luffy to do all these crazy things and get away with it because the World Government is too afraid of Dragon, instead of having all these nonsensical battles. It's pretty clear Dragon can just wipe a nation off the face of the world whenever he feels like it, and while he doesn't seem to care too much for his son(s), he obviously won't take the news of their death lightly.

Silent sinners in blue - In the climax of the Second Lunar War, Lunarians used antimatter weapons against Yukari, the most powerful demon of Fantasy Land, forcing her to withdraw from the Lunar capital, but it turned out that Yukari already sent her best friend, Yuyuko, the aspect of death, to steal all of Lunarian's good beer for a decisive victory as the forces of Fantasy Land pulls out from the Lunar capital. If this sounds totally stupid, it is.

I have only seen like one episode of South Park but from my understanding there's a guy who always dies every episode. The story of Touhou used to be like that: comically violent with no explanation to why people come back to life, because it doesn't need to. It's pretty clear the citizens of Fantasy Land will kill each other for any trivial things, and especially beer. It's sad that a manga adaptation of the game missed out on what made the world of Touhou so fun: the mindless killing over trivial things. Without that, the story is just comically absurdity, without any charm. Why didn't Fantasy Land fight back with Black Hole Devices against Lunarian's Antimatter weapons? Who cares if a planet gets destroyed in the war? Everything comes back by magic in this universe anyway.

#134814  by Mental
 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:16 pm
I like pie. Blackberry pie. Cherry pie. All kinds of pie!