The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Krod Mandoon: The Fiery Sword of Flaming Fiery Gay Jokes

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #135031  by Mental
 Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:56 pm
I saw the repeat of the series premiere on Comedy Central, and it was AWESOME. I'm sure you guys have seen the ads, and probably thought the same thing everyone else did, which was that it looked awful and stupid, but it was anything but.

Brief synopsis: A resistance fighter in medieval times takes on a prissy and heavy-handed local overlord, while in the process both embodying and making fun of every single fantasy cliche there ever was.

It's just good, slapstick fun with a tremendous number of very very funny gay jokes, plus it's worth watching just to see Dongalor (the villain) strut around in a pair of ridiculous fuzzy underwear and ask his council if he can pull off wearing it in public.

Bruce: "The General passed the legend down to me orally. Also, anally."

Creepy guy who sleeps with a horse: "Ach, there's something satisfying about it, innit?"

#135060  by SineSwiper
 Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:02 am
Watched the first episode. Had to turn it off halfway through because the jokes were so terrible and predictable. With how cliched Seeker is, this could have been easy, but they ruined it.

#135062  by Tessian
 Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 am
Really I only kept watching it because I love the actor who plays the King/Overlord (one of the main guys behind Little Britain) and for the hot druid girl... but I doubt I'll watch more. It got pretty repeatative already and I don't see them breaking that trend: Fart joke, do something, guy acts like a pussy about his gf, gay joke, overlord kills someone then talks about drapes, etc.

Why'd the title have to be so damn long? I understand making fun of other long fantasy titles but it works against you pretty quick. Nobody's going to want to talk about this around the water cooler because its name is too long and nerdy sounding. I'm sure they could have come up with a cooler, funnier, SHORTER name if they tried.

#135065  by Shellie
 Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:13 am
Its a parody of Legend of the Seeker. (Who wields a Sword of Truth)

#135067  by Chris
 Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:02 am
Seraphina wrote:Its a parody of Legend of the Seeker. (Who wields a Sword of Truth)
It's a parody of almost every fantasy. How many have a legendary sword of magical bullshit.

Oh and the show sucked.

Hard.

It was terrible.

I might have laughed once although that was more of a chuckle. I just have to point out the irony of someone loving a show filled with gay jokes...sorry but it has to be done

#135068  by Shellie
 Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:18 am
Yeah we stuck it out to halfway through and had to turn it off.

#135077  by Mental
 Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:13 pm
I will continue to watch it then and ne'ermore shall the discussion breach these hallowed halls, and godspeed to the rest of you.