The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Tim Burton's Alice has an awesome cast

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #140596  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:19 pm
It has his regulars Johnny Depp and Chrisopher Lee who are playing the Mad Hatter and the Jaberwock respectively.

Alan Rickman plays the Caterpillar
Helena Bohnam Carter plays the Queen of Hearts
Michael Sheen plays the white rabbit
Anne Hathaway plays the White Queen

Oddly enough, I only just heard about this one. I usually keep a bit of an eye on Tim Burton's stuff, jus not much lately.

#140598  by Flip
 Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:23 pm
I think someone posted the goofy pics from the movie that were released. Looks sureal, do a quick forum search.

#140617  by SineSwiper
 Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:52 pm
Funny, I just saw Sleepy Hollow again last night, with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. Directors and their repeat actors...

(Huh? Burton is married to Carter? Okay, that explains that...)

#140621  by Zeus
 Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:46 pm
Yeah, it ain't no coincidence that Carter is in every single Burton flick. Thankfully, she's a great actress and blends into any role she's in.

#140624  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 am
That was Christina Ricci in Sleepy Hollow. Though yes, Burton does use regulars and Helena Bohnam Carter has been one for the last 5 years or so. Johnny Depp has acted in like 10 of them starting with Edward Scissorhands. Christopher Lee, another regular was also in Sleepy Hollow.

By the way, I love that movie =)

#140630  by Kupek
 Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:34 am
I thought Carter played the Old Crone in Sleepy Hollow (the one Ichabod visits in the woods), but if she did, it's uncredited.

A few weeks ago, I was driving through a small town up here called Sleepy Hollow when it dawned on me that being about 30 miles north of NYC, this was probably the Sleepy Hollow, and it indeed it was: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepy_Hollow,_New_York

#140631  by SineSwiper
 Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:40 am
Zeus wrote:Yeah, it ain't no coincidence that Carter is in every single Burton flick. Thankfully, she's a great actress and blends into any role she's in.
Blends in? Funny that all of her roles are the creepy witch type or the goth chick.

#140635  by Zeus
 Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:16 am
SineSwiper wrote:
Zeus wrote:Yeah, it ain't no coincidence that Carter is in every single Burton flick. Thankfully, she's a great actress and blends into any role she's in.
Blends in? Funny that all of her roles are the creepy witch type or the goth chick.
Like Fight Club, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Live From Baghdad?

She's been in tons and tons of flicks and has shown that she has the talent blend into any role.

#140637  by Lox
 Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:22 am
She did a great job as Olivia (or is Viola) in Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" as well. I wager many people have never seen that. It has Ben Kingsley in it as well as the Fool! Great play!