The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Sherlock Holmes

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #143000  by SineSwiper
 Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:00 pm
We saw a screener of it. Excellent movie. Some really great acting and very good character development. Sherlock is a man of extreme analysis while at the same time annoying to most of whoever he talks to. Downey played the part really well.

The action was somewhat slower paced, but it reminded me of Dark Knight, where half the focus was on action and the other half was on the detective story behind it. So, it's not meant to be "balls to the wall" fast paced.

I think they even covered his morphine use without actually saying anything about it. It had a really good soundtrack, too.

#143006  by Zeus
 Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:17 am
Wow, the screener's out already? Nice, I'll have to grab it

#143013  by SineSwiper
 Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:44 am
They were super paranoid of cell phones, but not paranoid enough to actually have decent equipment that could detect them. For god's sake, they had metal detectors that couldn't even find a set of keys.

#143014  by Shellie
 Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:55 am
Zeus wrote:Wow, the screener's out already? Nice, I'll have to grab it
We saw the screener as in we actually got screener tickets and saw it at the theater yesterday :)

#143015  by Chris
 Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:55 am
fucking cheapskate.

#143016  by Zeus
 Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:22 am
Chris wrote:
fucking cheapskate.
I never said I'd watch it before seeing it in the theatre first......

#143017  by Eric
 Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:25 am
Zeus wrote:
Chris wrote:
fucking cheapskate.
Well I mean Zeus it IS a little hard to tell with you, you're the most proud pirate on these boards. :p

#143022  by Kupek
 Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:07 pm
The trailers make is seem very action-oriented - which is not fitting to the character. Are the trailers deceptive, or is there really a lot of action?

I'm still interested either way, but if it's an action movie with a thin veneer of Sherlock Holmes, I'll merely expect to be entertained.

#143024  by Shellie
 Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:30 pm
There is action, but it's not a ton of it of course. However, the action scenes are awesome lol

#143030  by Zeus
 Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:58 pm
Eric wrote:
Zeus wrote:
Chris wrote:fucking cheapskate.
Well I mean Zeus it IS a little hard to tell with you, you're the most proud pirate on these boards. :p
And yet I still see more movies in the theatre and buy more DVDs than anyone here......

#143033  by Eric
 Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:35 pm
Zeus wrote:
Eric wrote:
Zeus wrote: I never said I'd watch it before seeing it in the theatre first......
And yet I still see more movies in the theatre and buy more DVDs than anyone here......
Or do you?!

#143166  by Lox
 Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:02 pm
Saw it. Loved it.