The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Spider-man 4 dead

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#143478  by Mental
 Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:25 am
I tell you all, Topher Grace as Venom killed it. Raimi should be shot for that.

#143489  by Zeus
 Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:17 pm
Mental wrote:I tell you all, Topher Grace as Venom killed it. Raimi should be shot for that.
Again, wasn't his decision. You can blame Sony for forcing it down his throat.

Sad they couldn't get it done. I hope to hell the franchise doesn't suffer anymore than it did with the meddling in #3

#143497  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:03 am
Aside from the Green Goblin and Jamison, casting in the series was fairly bad.

#143503  by Zeus
 Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:25 pm
Julius Seeker wrote:Aside from the Green Goblin and Jamison, casting in the series was fairly bad.
Yeah, Molina as Doc Ock was horrible....

*smack*

#143507  by Lox
 Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:01 pm
Tobey Maguire was an excellent Peter Parker. Small, scrawny, nerdy.

#143509  by Eric
 Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:17 pm
Lox wrote:Tobey Maguire was an excellent Peter Parker. Small, scrawny, nerdy.
Seek doesn't understand that is how Peter Parker was supposed to be, so he thinks it's a bad casting of the role :P

#143514  by Zeus
 Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:57 pm
Eric wrote:
Lox wrote:Tobey Maguire was an excellent Peter Parker. Small, scrawny, nerdy.
Seek doesn't understand that is how Peter Parker was supposed to be, so he thinks it's a bad casting of the role :P
He only knows Parker from the 90s cartoon. It's like the whole origin and 60s don't even exist to him.

Then again, it doesn't to most which is why there was so much meddling in #3

#143516  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:32 am
Zeus wrote:Then again, it doesn't to most which is why there was so much meddling in #3
It was partly Raimi's fault. Nobody gives two shits about Sandman. Everybody wanted Venom.

#143518  by Eric
 Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:43 am

Nuff said

#143520  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:06 pm
It's not a matter of what is true to the original vision when it is an evolving formula (look at Batman, would you want something similar to the original formula complete with a blue costume and pow!?). It's just my opinion, I can't get myself to give a crap about that Peter Parker.

#143521  by Kupek
 Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:09 pm
Julius Seeker wrote:(look at Batman, would you want something similar to the original formula complete with a blue costume and pow!?)
You realize that Batman existed before the '60s tv show, right? Black and grey were his original colors, not blue.

#143522  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:15 pm
Kupek wrote:
Julius Seeker wrote:(look at Batman, would you want something similar to the original formula complete with a blue costume and pow!?)
You realize that Batman existed before the '60s tv show, right? Black and grey were his original colors, not blue.

Nope, I didn't know that actually. I don't know if that original version is what the current batman represents either though. It doesn't look much like it; colour and grim expression aside.

#143523  by Zeus
 Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:07 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
Zeus wrote:Then again, it doesn't to most which is why there was so much meddling in #3
It was partly Raimi's fault. Nobody gives two shits about Sandman. Everybody wanted Venom.
When you go to a director who's vision created two extremely well-grossing flicks and ask him at basically the last second to force a large storyline arc and protaganist into his flim, it's your fault (at least 95%). Add to the fact that this is a long-standing, 40+ year comic book with shitton of background and you're asking two completely different eras to be forced together by someone who only understands one of them (and who made you over $1.5B with his knowledge) and it's hard to lay anything other than the smallest shred of blame at Raimi's feet on this one.

You want Venom? Fine, put him in there from the start. But to do what they did to him is completely unacceptable. Frankly, I don't blame him for putting his foot down on #4 and walking away after that bullshit they pulled.

#143531  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:27 pm
Zeus wrote:You want Venom? Fine, put him in there from the start. But to do what they did to him is completely unacceptable. Frankly, I don't blame him for putting his foot down on #4 and walking away after that bullshit they pulled.
Look, it's a trilogy, no matter how you look at it. Nobody does #4 except Rocky and Star Trek. I'm sure the producers were looking at 2 and going "Fuck yeah! There's some Venom background! We're going to see him in 3!"

And then Sammy turns around and provides Sandman? Fucking Sandman? What the hell? This is probably going to be the last Spiderman movie, and there is no Venom. WHAT. THE. FUCK?!

So, they all freak out and try to convince him to do Venom. It works, but it's way too late in the process, and it's added in and fucks up the whole movie. The public wants Venom. Everybody wants Venom. Fuck Sandman.

Hell, Fuck Green Goblin for that manner. Shitty asshole of a villian. Oooo, he throws pumpkins! Only thing worse would have been Rhino. Dr. Ock was the only really good villian in the whole series, and partly that had to do with him being good source material.

#143534  by Kupek
 Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 am
Are we really doing this discussion again? Really?

#143548  by Zeus
 Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:06 pm
Kupek wrote:Are we really doing this discussion again? Really?
He's using every response to add fuel to the fire without really paying attention to the nature of the post, so no

#143553  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:20 pm
Sine, that sounded very power-nerdish. Come on, trilogies and Venom? =P

#143560  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:34 pm
Julius Seeker wrote:Sine, that sounded very power-nerdish. Come on, trilogies and Venom? =P
No worse than posting console sales on a weekly basis.

#143563  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:35 am
SineSwiper wrote:
Julius Seeker wrote:Sine, that sounded very power-nerdish. Come on, trilogies and Venom? =P
No worse than posting console sales on a weekly basis.
If you say so =P

#143967  by Eric
 Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:46 pm
High School Musical dandyfop Zac Efron may have landed the coveted role of the new Peter Parker in the rebooted Spider-Man movie franchise, which will reportedly go back to Parker's high school days.

#143973  by Zeus
 Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:34 pm
Eric wrote:
High School Musical dandyfop Zac Efron may have landed the coveted role of the new Peter Parker in the rebooted Spider-Man movie franchise, which will reportedly go back to Parker's high school days.
Dear fuck, it's gonna be Party of Spiderman? Raimi must be pointing and laughing at news like that

#143979  by Lox
 Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:23 pm
Eric wrote:
*vomits*

Even as a rumor, it causes me to puke. What's going to happen if it's real???

#143983  by SineSwiper
 Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:25 pm
Zeus wrote:Dear fuck, it's gonna be Party of Spiderman? Raimi must be pointing and laughing at news like that
Did you honestly make a Party of Five reference? Jesus, Zeus, how old are you? Are we going to see references to Hawaii-Five-O next? Dragnet? Mr. Ed?

#143988  by Zeus
 Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:06 am
SineSwiper wrote:
Zeus wrote:Dear fuck, it's gonna be Party of Spiderman? Raimi must be pointing and laughing at news like that
Did you honestly make a Party of Five reference? Jesus, Zeus, how old are you? Are we going to see references to Hawaii-Five-O next? Dragnet? Mr. Ed?
There was a decent but very short-lived Dragnet series in the late 90s with Ed O'Neill. But what I was actually going for was a gay-ass, 90210-like reference and O-Spidey-C didn't sound as good.

Mr. Ed? Who the fuck is that? And Hawaii 5-0? Never heard of it :-)

#143989  by Eric
 Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:07 am
Zeus wrote:
SineSwiper wrote:
There was a decent but very short-lived Dragnet series in the late 90s with Ed O'Neill. But what I was actually going for was a gay-ass, 90210-like reference and O-Spidey-C didn't sound as good.

Mr. Ed? Who the fuck is that? And Hawaii 5-0? Never heard of it :-)
We all know you know who Mr. Ed is Zeus, stop playin. :p