The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Heroes *finale spoilers*

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #144158  by SineSwiper
 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:40 pm
Did anybody see the finale for this season? I thought it was decent, but the season itself just draaaaaged on. The last few episodes seem to have enough action to keep it interesting.

The new season starter looked interesting, too. They've tried to go public, but this was the first time it actually stuck. (The 3rd season, Nathan got shot before he had the chance, and the 4th involved the government only.)
Last edited by SineSwiper on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#144195  by Zeus
 Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:42 pm
holy shit, spoiler alert on Sine's post....and mine, obviously

It did drag in the middle of this volume (remember, its split into volumes, not seasons; a volume is usually around half a season) but the last 3 or 4 eps they finally seemed to have an ending in mind for the whole Sullivan thing. That helped tremendously with the ending of Volume 5.

As for how the whole X-Men Mutant Registration thing is going to work itself out? Who knows. But it certainly was inevitable. They'd been building towards it with the Claire character for a while now

#144200  by Shrinweck
 Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:08 pm
I've been watching it here and there and finished it up today... Ugh they lost a lot of my attention by picking Robert Knepper as a major actor for the season. I just find him truly annoying and the way he speaks in the show makes it even worse. It was pretty decent, though. I always appreciate more focus on Hiro and Peter and I enjoy them jerking around Sylar.

#144210  by SineSwiper
 Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:00 pm
Zeus wrote:holy shit, spoiler alert on Sine's post....and mine, obviously
I guess I thought that was sorta implied...
Zeus wrote:It did drag in the middle of this volume (remember, its split into volumes, not seasons; a volume is usually around half a season) but the last 3 or 4 eps they finally seemed to have an ending in mind for the whole Sullivan thing. That helped tremendously with the ending of Volume 5.
Actually, you invalidated your theory by calling it "Volume 5". There have been 5 seasons, so volume = season. Unless you want to get picky with the fact that they do a small 5-minute preview of the next volume/season after every finale. Also, chapter = episode.
Zeus wrote:As for how the whole X-Men Mutant Registration thing is going to work itself out? Who knows. But it certainly was inevitable. They'd been building towards it with the Claire character for a while now
Well, the whole idea sort of has a mutant/X-Men slant to it. It's genetic, super powers from real humans, etc. Going in the same directions that Marvel has is inevitable just based on the basic idea. Frankly, it's a good new beginning, since that's essentially how X-Men started, not as a hidden organization.
Shrinweck wrote:I've been watching it here and there and finished it up today... Ugh they lost a lot of my attention by picking Robert Knepper as a major actor for the season. I just find him truly annoying and the way he speaks in the show makes it even worse. It was pretty decent, though. I always appreciate more focus on Hiro and Peter and I enjoy them jerking around Sylar.
Aye, the guy sounds like he's got some really bad fake Irish accent. Also, I think the way he fell was just kinda stupid. Everybody leaves, and he gets punched. Very anti-climatic. Not to mention the stupid people that kept him around after he kills an entire town.

But, I really like what they are doing with Sylar. The guy needs to be a dark hero. They played around with it on 3rd season and at little bit on 4th, but he never had the time to come to terms with it. Now that he's spent several years in his own alone hell (some of that with Peter), not to mention the influence that Nathan still probably has in his head, he can see why villainy never pans out in the longer term.

However, I do wonder if that introduces another overpowered hero in the fray. They did a good job of toning down Peter. Maybe his own inner conflicts end up slowing that down. Hiro is another overpowered hero, but his own stupidity almost always slows him down. (To an annoying effect.)

#144213  by Zeus
 Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:47 pm
Sine, you obviously don't download the eps so you don't see the episode labelling each week. There's been 4 seasons but 5 volumes with the last ep being Season 4, Episode 19

http://epguides.com/Heroes/

Starting with Season 3, they split each season into 2 volumes a la Battlestar to give it more of a focus. I liked the change and I really think that Season 3 was the strongest. I'm surprised that they went back to the full seasons = 1 volume again. That's why it felt like it dragged in the middle, they lost the focus.

And why did they only end up with 19 eps and ended the show during Feb sweeps? It's supposed to be a full-season show and should be running until May. Very strange. Could easily end up with the 26 eps if they come back the week after the Olympics and have a finale during May sweeps like usual. They figure why bother bringing it back with the Olympics taking over for 2 weeks? Maybe it's not doing too well anymore and they don't wanna spend the coin anymore and figure tossing in the upteenth reality show is better?

I really liked how they limited Hiro this year. He wasn't nearly as annoying as he has been in the past. Same with Peter, they changed his character for the better. But Claire? Dear Lord, they need to minimize that character BIG TIME. She's irritating as shit.

#144229  by Shrinweck
 Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:29 pm
Yes fuck Claire. Just fucking... stop with the stories about her.

#144238  by SineSwiper
 Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:45 pm
Zeus wrote:Sine, you obviously don't download the eps so you don't see the episode labelling each week. There's been 4 seasons but 5 volumes with the last ep being Season 4, Episode 19
Sorry, I make it a habit to not download 20-minute commercials on purpose.

Also, when a TV series stops showing new episodes for a while, that's a godddamn season. I don't care what the TV executives want to call it. The show STOPPED. There was a FINALE. End of the fucking season! So, there are five seasons.

#144239  by Eric
 Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:49 am
But Sine that's not what happened, Season 3 was just really long. The break between volumes 3 & 4 was the same as the break between episodes 9 & 10 for this season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heroes_episodes

Most shows stop around November and pick up in February.

Unless you wanna go crazy and argue it's been 7 Seasons! :p

#144240  by Shrinweck
 Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:04 am
Yeah if that was the case House M.D. would be on season, like, 14 by now.