The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Naruto Shippuuden 159

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #146252  by Zeus
 Sun May 09, 2010 9:19 am
Very much a spoiler if you haven't seen it yet
Spoiler: show
Didn't Kakashi die for the EXACT same reason as Jiraiya? Now, I have no issues with large supporting characters, even ones as great as Kakashi, dying in a show. I think if it's done properly it's great. But Kakashi died what, 10 or 15 eps after Jiraiya and for the exactly same reason. He also died very, very quickly, the fight didn't even last one episode. They're taking this "pass it on to the next generation" thing way too literally. This death was a waste.
 #146261  by Don
 Sun May 09, 2010 2:26 pm
Naruto tends to kill characters off for no reason for dramatic effect.

Keep watching and it'll make sense... or not...

As an aside the whole dying against Pain is stupid. It looks to me if Jiraiya took like 5 guys as good as Kakashi they could've taken care of Pain easily once he figures out he comes back from life after killed. The Pains by themselves are pretty weak except the head guy so just say put Jiraiya on the leader Pain, 5 other guys can easily take out one of the Pain 1 by 1, and after you kill them enough times you'd be able to figure out how to get them to stay dead, and Jiraiya + 2 guys like Kakashi would be able to take out the leader Pain easy. I guess ninjas aren't known for strategy since they always insist on fighting 3 Pains at once even when they got enough personnel to split them up.