The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#146509  by Zeus
 Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 am
Anyone been watching the last month of craziness of this show?
 #146510  by Lox
 Wed May 19, 2010 8:55 am
I have. It's been crazy. That's for sure. haha

Supposedly, they want to do a movie, but I just don't see a realistic way for him to get out of this without being thrown in prison. Though I guess he could leave the country? haha

I've enjoyed it more than the last couple seasons. I didn't really like the way they used the president though. It felt out of character for her to give in on normal ethics the way she did.
 #146534  by Zeus
 Wed May 19, 2010 6:08 pm
I think it's all spoiler alert from now on.....
Spoiler: show
That's the whole idea that the previously unflappable president who had her own daughter thrown in jail is doing pretty much what Jack has been doing for the entire show's run: skirt ethics to do "what's necessary" for her version of "the greater good". She's even gone out and flat-out broken the law with the cover-up and has made Jack a fugitive doing exactly what she had condone him doing in the past.

But yeah, I have no idea where they're going to be ending up with Jack once this is all done (only two eps, too). If you think they're gonna make a movie out of it, is there a chance he won't be the main character? Jack's presence has been waning a bit recently and Keifer has often talked about lessening his role in the show. Maybe this is the beginning of it?
I actually quite enjoyed Season 7. I liked the new format (ie. no CTU and Jack as a complete outsider) and I thought the change did the show quite well. Season 6 I thought they were going to finally put the show out to pasture but they did a great job of making Jack not take charge and a bit of a wreck, which brought a new feel to the show (since he wasn't the end all and be all solution of everything). If anything, I think Season 1 is actually the weakest season, followed by 6 then 5. Season 4 has probably been the best so far but there hasn't been a "bad" season. Just varying levels of great. And I'm quite happy they decided to end the show on a high note, it gives what's going on now real meaning and you don't have to keep wondering if the show's gonna turn to shit
 #146562  by Blotus
 Thu May 20, 2010 8:14 pm
Is this the last season? I like it a lot. Jack has completely lost it and I don't see a way of him making it out of this without being killed or imprisoned.

Good to see Logan again. One of my favorite villains in the series.
 #146565  by Zeus
 Thu May 20, 2010 9:22 pm
Blotus wrote:Is this the last season? I like it a lot. Jack has completely lost it and I don't see a way of him making it out of this without being killed or imprisoned.

Good to see Logan again. One of my favorite villains in the series.
Yeah, they just announced about a month ago that they're not coming back anymore. And I love how they're ending it

Bringing Logan back was a great idea, for sure. That just kinda ended and other than that quick cameo a couple of seasons ago, they never really gave it the attention it deserved. The president was taken down for cryin' out loud. The fact that he's got Taylor to go along with him is an excellent use of the character too.
 #146570  by Lox
 Fri May 21, 2010 8:39 am
Yeah, I love Logan. He's a fantastic villain. He's so slimy. I almost feel dirty after watching him.
 #146662  by Zeus
 Mon May 24, 2010 11:18 pm
I'm very content with the ending. Didn't blow me away but it was a good ending to the show