The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Treme *spoilers*

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #146648  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon May 24, 2010 3:59 pm
First off, the music has me sold and I am in love with Lucia Micarelli. I kind of want to know if a lot of the situations the characters are in in the show are actual fact based accounts. For example, last night's episode about Ladonna finding her brother, were there really Semi-Trailers full of unclaimed bodies? Did people really try to re-open the projects like Albert did? I'm sure this series was written to show people in order for them to ask questions. It makes you wonder what happens when a cities local resources are completely wiped out and it also makes you wonder how Louisiana is going to deal with the shit storm BP just threw at the gulf coast.

Khandi Alexander. Just give her the Emmy already. After last night hands down.

The series was picked up for a second season after the first episode aired.
 #146686  by Shrinweck
 Tue May 25, 2010 10:51 pm
It's the same guys from the wire, they are not prone to exaggeration when it comes to those kinds of details. The post-Katrina tourism bus mystified me more than the semis with bodies in them. You would have to be complete and total trash to go out of your way just to see devastated communities for shits and giggles.
 #146698  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed May 26, 2010 8:52 am
Shrinweck wrote:It's the same guys from the wire, they are not prone to exaggeration when it comes to those kinds of details. The post-Katrina tourism bus mystified me more than the semis with bodies in them. You would have to be complete and total trash to go out of your way just to see devastated communities for shits and giggles.
Sad part is, I most people are that sick and twisted.
 #146715  by Shrinweck
 Wed May 26, 2010 9:47 pm
I'm just glad the bus driver wasn't a complete choad.