The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Predators

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #147523  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:48 am
Saw this over the weekend and thought it was pretty good. Adrian Brody did a decent job as an action star. Lots of homages to the original film and even a couple if not far fetched ones to Aliens. I liked very much how they ended it. This was definitely one of the films that was supposed to make the Summer Blockbuster list and it did just that. I don't think it fell flat at all.
 #147525  by Chris
 Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:58 am
I'm with you on that. Very much enjoyed the movie. There were some flaws but I found it a highly enjoyable action romp of crazyness that really worked. Can't wait for more.
 #147531  by Anarky
 Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:22 pm
It is hard to be better than the original, but I did enjoy the homages to the original.

Spoiler: show
When Fishburns character talks about surviving 7 to 10 seasons and later at the end of the movie we see more people dropping in, does that mean a season happens every few days?
 #147532  by Eric
 Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:14 pm
This movie actually got positive reviews it seems, which is odd cause it's a horror movie, and it involves Predators.
Last edited by Eric on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #147542  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:32 pm
Eric wrote:Rufus vs Zangief is in favor of Gief, it's a really rough fight for Rufus, Justin's pride owned him, he should have switched to another character.

It's why Ricky Ortiz switched to Chun-Li to fight that Gief in the finals,
Dude, is that like the first misquote in tOWS history? I don't even remember anybody doing that here.

Also, on Predators, looks like it's worthy of seeing later on (maybe on On Demand or something). Maybe I'm the only one, but I really like Predator 2. I thought the fighting on the streets and having an older Danny Glover trying to catch/kill this guy was a different spin on things. Plus the ending was great because it gave their race some sense of personality and honor.
 #147546  by Zeus
 Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:35 pm
Predator 2 was a great film. It should have been shit in so many different ways yet they actually made it good, real good.