The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Dexter Season 5 Trailer

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #147823  by Eric
 Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:06 am
Massive spoilers in this if you haven't watched Season 4, you have been warned.

#147824  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:12 pm
Cannot fucking wait.
 #147827  by Flip
 Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:22 pm
Guh, so hard not to watch, but i havnt seen season 4 yet... coming out on netflix soon.
 #147828  by Shrinweck
 Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:47 pm
Geeze, it's like some guy got his hands on it after they made it and looped in some moronic narration as a joke. IN A WORLD *HEART BEAT SOUNDS* WHERE A MAN *BA-DUMP BA-DUMP* HAS PROBLEMS *BA-DUMP BA-DUMP*.
 #147832  by Zeus
 Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:03 pm
Hopefully this is the last season. I really think the show will go downhill if they stretch it beyond 5th season
 #147834  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 am
Nah, the book material is still further than this. If they are doing what I think they are doing, that kind of thing was covered in the second book, I believe.
 #147842  by Mully
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:33 pm
I haven't seen season 1 yet.
 #147843  by Flip
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:42 pm
Mully wrote:I haven't seen season 1 yet.
Well geez, what the heck you waiting for? Only one of the best shows on TV right now.
 #147849  by Shrinweck
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:55 pm
The first three seasons (I don't know about the fourth) are on Instant Watch on Netflix if you have a subscription to that.

If you do have a subscription to Netflix there's no excuse not to have seen it :P
 #147855  by Zeus
 Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Nah, the book material is still further than this. If they are doing what I think they are doing, that kind of thing was covered in the second book, I believe.
They veered from the books after season 2 (as well as leaving a lot of stuff out). The their season came out before the their book was finished (yes, it's one book per season) and got approval from Lindsay (he was actually a security guard in one of the eps that season; he loves the show). There's no 4th book, not yet anyways. The show's not tied to the book series anymore.

After watching that trailer, it's dealing with the issues you pretty much figured it would be dealing with after Season 4's ending. And some of those will have to be constant issues for any seasons after 5 and that could be annoying (I'm being purposefully vague to keep it spoiler-free). That's why I would prefer it just ends after season 5 on a high note unless there's some real reason for season 6.