The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Another good indie MP3 site bites the dust

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #148698  by SineSwiper
 Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:59 am
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/08 ... me_street/

Fuck. First eMusic goes commercial last year, then I move to these guys with their variable pricing model (based on popularity), and Amazon just bought these guys. Of course, Amazon is going to raise the rates to the typical overpriced 99 cents a song. Fuck you, Amazon. I was getting albums for $2-3 there.

Yet, the Russian site LegalSounds still exists. My attempts at contributing to the artists are always met with failure, and so I fall back on the Russian MP3 sites.
 #148700  by Shrinweck
 Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:56 pm
I tried a Russian MP3 site 4 or 5 years ago and they didn't like my credit card for some reason.

Still, for an album I'm excited about I have zero issues spending $10 on it... I just wish more of that would be going into the pockets of the artists but $10 for something I'm getting more than 3-5 plays out of is not a big deal for me.
 #148714  by SineSwiper
 Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:34 pm
Eric wrote:99 cents is overpriced? Geez.
For something that I get no artwork, lyrics, or credits, and is about the same price as a CD, yes, it's overpriced. I don't buy single songs; I buy albums. The whole 99 cent thing might be great for somebody buying a couple of songs, but it sucks for grabbing an album.
 #148718  by Shrinweck
 Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:51 pm
What shitty sites make you pay $1 per song for an entire album? I've never seen a site that doesn't just sell an entire album for a discounted price, say, $10 for your standard sized album. I just don't understand this complaint - you're saying you're buying albums but who is this mysterious person buying 15-20 songs at $1 a piece and not just grabbing the album?
 #148719  by SineSwiper
 Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:28 pm
Ten bucks is still too high. We've already had this argument before.
 #148723  by SineSwiper
 Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:36 pm
Yeah, just look at Obama's eyes. It's got to be reptilian.
 #148725  by Zeus
 Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:51 pm
Eric wrote:99 cents is overpriced? Geez.
Even I think that's a good price....ME!