The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Caprica cancelled, remaining 5 episodes pushed off schedule

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #149603  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:08 pm
A bit of a shame, I thought it could have been a very decent show once they decided to add a story to it. It had a very cool setting.

Other than the lack of a real movement in the plot, the biggest flaw with the series is that it tried to have too many different main characters in each episode; it meant instead of having a full and satisfying story each episode, it had a lot of small pieces of a story that began about 8-9 months ago. Too many main characters in every episode, not ONE solid episode in the 13 aired.

The remaining episodes will be shown sometime next year, possibly to hype the new series which takes place during the Cylon Wars. This time with an actual main character and Battlestar Galactica.
 #149606  by SineSwiper
 Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:32 pm
Meh, "SyFy" lost its one reason to exist with BSG, and this was just a failed attempt to regain that magic.
 #149608  by Shrinweck
 Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:01 am
As long as SyFy still gets Stargate they'll have me. Caprica on the other hand I stopped watching since it started showing again. I hadn't even cared to remember the major plot points since it first aired and seriously nothing mattered to me in season 1.5. This show really didn't need to have such a god damned long break, it's nowhere near interesting enough for that to be feasible.

AND OH MY GOD THAT INTRO IS TERRIBLE.

Their response to us hating their philosophy and religion is... MORE? AND IT FAILED? Good God!
 #149611  by SineSwiper
 Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:41 am
Shrinweck wrote:As long as SyFy still gets Stargate they'll have me. Caprica on the other hand I stopped watching since it started showing again. I hadn't even cared to remember the major plot points since it first aired and seriously nothing mattered to me in season 1.5. This show really didn't need to have such a god damned long break, it's nowhere near interesting enough for that to be feasible.
They are called "SyFy". They hate people like you. They changed their name to justify their stupid man shows, WCW bullshit, and low-budget "horror" movies. You're like the abused wife that says "Oh, SyFy still loves me! He's a good man!"