The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Seriously, a ninja ostrich?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #149997  by Zeus
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:58 pm
And we thought they couldn't sink any lower.....until they added the boxing kangaroo and the ninja anteater to the group.
 #149998  by Eric
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:15 pm
As bad as Naruto's filler can be at times, remember that it's not nearly as bad as Bleach's, and that Naruto's horrible filler doesn't cross over into the main storyline like Bleach's did.
 #150002  by Zeus
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:57 pm
Eric wrote:As bad as Naruto's filler can be at times, remember that it's not nearly as bad as Bleach's, and that Naruto's horrible filler doesn't cross over into the main storyline like Bleach's did.
What, you weren't a huge Zampaktou manifestation arc fan? :-)

Thankfully they do keep it separate. But c'mon, a ninja ostrich that just happens to have a boxing kangaroo (to battle Rock) and a ninja anteater (for Shino) with him? Seriously? That's some serious shark jumping when it comes to the filler. Almost makes you yearn for more Aoi arcs......
 #150004  by Eric
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:09 pm
There's precedence for it, Kakashi has talking ninja dogs, and so does Kira's family. Naruto obviously has the frogs, and the frogs actually fight too, as well as Tsunade who uses slugs.

Be happy it was just a single episode! :)
 #150005  by Zeus
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:12 pm
This fucking filler won't end.....and there's no reason for it to exist. They're what, 2 years behind the manga? Geez, give us the good stuff and stop milking it
 #150009  by Eric
 Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 pm
It's only 65 chapters behind, so a year and some change, you cover that pretty quickly in animation.
 #150013  by Eric
 Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 pm
Pfft, you are clearly jealous, I can see the envy dripping in your...text.
 #150022  by Zeus
 Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:06 pm
When it's not filler, Naruto is awesome again after the fucking inner-ep filler shit in the first two arcs. Problem is, they're on filler as much as they're not right now, it's irritating. They're just over-milking it
 #150034  by SineSwiper
 Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:24 pm
Shrinweck wrote:I'm glad I stopped paying attention altogether to Bleach and Naruto years ago :P
QFT. Just watch the first 100 episodes of both and then drop it like a bitch.
 #150045  by Zeus
 Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:11 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
Shrinweck wrote:I'm glad I stopped paying attention altogether to Bleach and Naruto years ago :P
QFT. Just watch the first 100 episodes of both and then drop it like a bitch.
From the Asuma-Shikamaru arc on, non-filler Naruto is as good or better as it's ever been.....if you put the effort to sift through the filler, that is
 #150086  by Zeus
 Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:59 pm
Shrinweck wrote:That's actually the arc in the manga that I stopped on lol
Sasuke vs Itachi, Jiraiya vs Pain, Hebi vs Hachibi, and the Fall of Konoha arcs are quite good, actually. If anything, Shippuuden got stronger after that arc (filler not included, of course)
 #150090  by Shrinweck
 Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:09 pm
My taste in manga just shifted away from fighting stuff like HxH, OP, Naruto, Bleach, etc. I mostly only read comedy and mystery stuff now. Speaking of which I really need to reread Monster.
 #150104  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:18 am
Shrinweck wrote:My taste in manga just shifted away from fighting stuff like HxH, OP, Naruto, Bleach, etc. I mostly only read comedy and mystery stuff now. Speaking of which I really need to reread Monster.
Try Yakitate Japan if you haven't yet. It's great
 #150105  by Shrinweck
 Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:09 am
Oh. Fuck yeah. Didn't know it was still going but the bit of the anime I saw was amaaaazing.
 #150108  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:00 am
Shrinweck wrote:Oh. Fuck yeah. Didn't know it was still going but the bit of the anime I saw was amaaaazing.
The anime is only 69 eps. I think it ended about 4 or 5 years ago now.

It was one of those animes that I tried on someone's recommendation even though it sounded so stupid. But it's quite entertaining and is one of my favs