The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• The Dark Knight Rises = Catwoman & Bane

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #150907  by Eric
 Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:05 pm
Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.” Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven. “The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
 #150908  by Lox
 Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 pm
Very interesting.

If anyone can do Bane well, it's Nolan. I think I had said that he'd make a good villain before.

Also, Hathaway could work well. 5 years ago, I'd have said no way since she was still the Disney princess, but she's been in a ton of serious roles since then and has definitely gotten away from that image. And I think she's a good actress plus she has the right look, imo.
 #150918  by Zeus
 Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:25 pm
Hey, at least we'll have some great eye candy for the film. We've been missing that in the series.

Catwoman and Bane, huh? I woulda thought both would be secondary-type enemies, maybe they haven't announced the main villain yet?
 #150920  by Lox
 Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:36 pm
Bane is definitely a character that can be a primary villain if he's done like in the comics. In fact, if that's the case, I can't see him being a secondary character really because he's too smart to be a lackey. I guess it depends on how Nolan wants to approach the character.
 #151985  by SineSwiper
 Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:07 am
So, ummm, what happened to this? Good idea, and two months later, it's canned.
 #151988  by Lox
 Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:24 am
SineSwiper wrote:So, ummm, what happened to this? Good idea, and two months later, it's canned.
Huh?
 #152007  by SineSwiper
 Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:56 am
Yeah, sorry, misread the article from the other thread.