The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Lord of the Rings 15 disk Blu ray collection

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #152391  by Julius Seeker
 Sun May 01, 2011 8:51 am

This baby will set you back $120. Although I think it is easily worth it - but I must admit I am a huge LotR fan, and I have to confess that I have bought all iterations of the film to date, which includes the Theatrical DVD releases, the Extended Edition DVDs.... twice =P, and the Theatrical Blu Ray collection. So I have spent probably 2-300 on it already - I would be willing to bet that no one here has spent half that much. If you're wondering, I gave away my original Extended Editions and re-bought the set when it was re-released later as a trilogy with a new box and such.

Anyway, the set contains the following:

* The Extended Cut of the Lord of the Rings with all of the commentaries and features found on the DVD releases (6 disks)
* All of the documentaries, and other features found on the DVD Extended Editions - which were very interesting, they had documentaries on the cast, on the different scenes, on JRR Tolkien himself, on Tolkien's writings, etc.... There was a lot lets just say (6 disks)
* New exclusive documentaries (3 disks)
* Releases June 28, 2011.