The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Andy Whitfield (Sparticus) passes away

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #154142  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:30 pm
18 months after his cancer diagnosis, Whitfield died of non-Hodgkin lymphoma on 11 September 2011. The actor's manager, Sam Maydew, and Whitfield's wife, Vashti, issued a statement confirming his death in Sydney, Australia. He is survived by his wife and two children.
 #154143  by Flip
 Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:57 pm
He was a relative unknown who, i thought, did a kickass job in the Spartacus show on Starz where he gained his worthy notoriety. Really tragic story for this guy... what will they do with the series?
 #154149  by Shrinweck
 Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:19 am
I agree that he did a good job with season one, even at its weaker moments he was a strong actor. At Whitfield's request Starz replaced him. Season two will begin airing soon and they've already released a trailer with the new actor. The mini-season they did earlier was in response to the cancer coming back.

The new guy looks pretty similar and is basically unknown, as well.
 #155601  by Shrinweck
 Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:31 pm
New season premiered yesterday. New guy is good but it just isn't the same. Series still good enough for me to keep watching, though. Some of the dialog is painful to sit through, though.